PDA

View Full Version : August 19-20 2007

Von-Drake
08-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Aug-17-2007
We arrived at Pop Century around 11:00 PM. We did get what we requested a "non-preferred" room in the 70's. If we turned the corner from our room we could see the back of the Mickey Mouse Telephone. My son pointed this out every time. Upon checkin the cast member must have read the notes we put in during our reservation about our son being autistic and was so nice as she talked to him and helped us tell him all the wonderful things he would see and the fun he would have. They probably tell every child these things but she just seemed so nice about everything. So checkin went very well without a hitch.

Aug-18-2007
The next day we started in Animal Kingdom, we went straight to Guest Relations, and after producing a letter from our Dr. stating that our son has been diagnosed with autism and has trouble in crowds for extended period of time we were given a guest assistance pass. We then did the Safari, and Rafikis planet watch and did not use the pass on the safari, we really tried not use it unless the lines were longer than 10 minutes and even then our son would scream and tell us one or all of the following: "Want to go home", "Want to go to the stroller", "Want to go out the door". Just to clarify things, not all attractions, put you straight to the front of the line; which was fine we could deal with waiting as long as it is not in a crowded line. The character greats were usually just have us wait by the exit until enough time went by it would be close to the time we waited in line, which was fine, because we were able to keep our son calmer than in the crowds. On the Safari ride a giraffe stood in the road in front of our safari vehicle and just stood there until her calf crossed the road behind her and was well on the other side. It was pretty cool. We then did the Camp Mickey Minnie thing. Started with Mickey and went through all of them: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, & Donald. My son was so excited after seeing the characters from Playhouse Disney, he said "Go See Daisy". We tried explaining to him that Daisy was not there, she was off shopping, etc... he slowly hung his head, the autograph book and pen slipped from his hands and he started tearing up. We told him we would find Daisy before leaving DisneyWorld, and he stopped crying, but was still sad for a little while. Anyway, we left AK and went to MGM. We walked back to Pizza Planet / Al's Toy Barn area and ran into Woddy and Buzz Lightyear (2 of my son's favorites - when he walked up to Woody with his Pen and autograph book he looked at Buzz and said "You are a Tooyyyyyy" just like Woody in the movie, Buzz just doubled over and shook his head yes. I can only imagine what the CM in the suit was thinking.) We tried to see Playhouse Disney, but ended up not staying... our son was a little overwhelmed, even though he loved it a little over a year ago. We headed back to the hotel for a little breather and rest for our son. We then noticed that our son had some very dark colored wax from his left ear. He had tubes put in a while ago and we were told they would eventually fall out on their own. One tube fell out about 4 months ago and we got some drops we were told to use on that ear for a few days. Well, we did not think to bring the drops with us and sure enough the other tube fell out. We called the desk and were told that a local pharmacy would deliver the drops for only a $5 charge. We got the number and had his physician call in the drops. Unfortunately the pharmacy does not file with insurance so you have to pay full price up front and get reimbursed. But the drops were there when we came back from the park that evening. After about 2 hours at the hotel we headed out to EPCOT. He really enjoyed the Nemo ride and Journey Into Imagination. He had to have a stuffed Figment after the ride. We walked through Innoventions and through Mexico, Norway, and China. We then just headed back to the hotel for the evening.

Aug-19-2007
Magic Kingdom. A bee line for the Peter Pan ride. Peter Pan is currently my son's favorite movie and he loved it, we ended up riding Peter Pan 9 times throughout the course of the day. His second favorite was Goofy's Barnstormer, which we rode twice. He even rode Big Thunder Mountain, and was fine, until our train was stopped in the cave where it looks like the rocks are falling on you. We were held there about 3-4 minutes before the ride resumed. We just enjoyed the rest of the day in the park, with about an hour long break when we just rode the monorail to the contemporary for a break from all the sensory input from the Magic Kingdom. We got to meet Captain hook and Smee which was fun, because we had just bought our son a toy hook from the Pirate shop, because of Captain Hook in the movie Peter Pan. He had a great time playing hook fight with the Captain. While waiting at the alternate entrance for a second ride on POTC, Peter Pan and Wendy came walking out and took a quick a picture with him on their way to their meet and greet spot, we whispered to Wendy who whispered to Peter our son had Autism and they were so wonderful talking to him and it just made him give the biggest smile we had yet to see. When we got off of POTC we went to the meeting spot for Peter and Wendy and stood in line to see them again and get his autograph. They even remembered his name from before and were so wonderful with him a second time. It makes me smile just writing about it now.
The trip was good the service was great and the caring of all encountered CM's and characters for our son was phenomenal and beyond compare.

We are already planning our trip for next Spring, a much longer one than 2 days.
--

Lizzie
08-22-2007, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the report. It sounds like your son had a great time.

mrsgaribaldi
08-22-2007, 03:55 AM
Thanks for sharing. I love the extra touches that made it special for your son:thumbsup::mickey:

faline
08-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Sounds like your family had a really fun trip! It's nice to hear how many cast members helped your son have a special time during his trip!

disneydrmr
08-22-2007, 09:20 AM
How wonderful that the Disney magic was shown for your son! It's always nice to hear of the care/concern that people have for others. I'm so glad so many CM's took the time to make your son's trip so special! Thanks for sharing your report!

pdrlkr
08-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mdearmas
08-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Great Report! I'm glad you got to enjoy the time with your son and glad he had such a good time. The cast members really can make your vacation!
:goofy:

iheartmickey
08-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Your report just made me smile ... I can't even imagine how much your son loved the special attention. It's so great that Disney goes the extra mile to make things magical for everyone. I guess it's one of the reasons why I love going so much.

BTW, congrats on 3 parks in one day ... and you got a lot done in each one! That's awesome!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
08-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Beautiful! :cloud9: I'm so glad that the trip went well, and that you're planning another one already! :mickey:

princessgirls
08-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Glad you had such a wonderful time. It makes a huge difference when people go the extra step to make everything magical for your son.

Thank you for the report.

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-22-2007, 09:22 PM
sounds like it was a great time.

gueli
08-23-2007, 03:47 AM
i am so happy for your entire family. Thank you for posting this- it made me feel so great that te CMs realy provided extra special magic on your trip.
have a wonderful day. i guess i wanted you to know how your post brightened mine...
21 day to our trip...
:mickey:

vizsla
08-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the report.

January-2007
08-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Did you ever end up meeting Daisy? :mickey:

diznee_buzz
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, I was wondering about Daisy as well. My DS loves her too and is always looking for her, yet we can never seem to find her. :(

Glad you had such a great trip. I am very impressed you made it to 3 parks in one day!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
08-23-2007, 12:11 PM
What a terrific holiday! Your son sounds so much like my DS3 (he has ASD) -- He loves Woody and Buzz and Peter Pan (especially Tick Tock!) and is so disappointed that the Daisy Duck has continued to allude us on each and every one of our trips!!! Thank you for such a positive and loving report! I really enjoyed reading it!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-24-2007, 02:31 PM
So glad you had a great time. Thanks for the report.