PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Bayou vs Mansions

MrPeetrie
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey gang, we just made our Passholder Rates reservations for our October trip, but the Caribbean Resort was not on the list of resorts eligible for PH discounts during our arrival. (I still have some questions about that!) So, we made our ressies for Port Orleans Riverside instead.

I've stayed in the Alligator Bayou before and liked it quite well. Should we stay there again? Or should we try to get a room in the Mansions? Which do you prefer?
:confused:

moe513
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Only ab has the trundle beds and only the mansions have elevators. Most reviews Ive read like ab better but I like to try something new so I would go mansions. If you hate it maybe you can move. We are doing the carriage ride on our next trip. I have never seen por. It looks beautiful in the pictures.

MariJ
08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey!:mickey: well i LOVE Port Orleans and either room you have it will be great but to let you know..
When I went with my parents a few years back we were given a room in one of the mansions. So we went over there with all our luggage to find our room was right next to a massive generator which was really nosiy! So my mum didn't like that room :down: so we went all the way back to reception to ask to change rooms!:(
They moved us to a room in Alligator Bayou (we had one of those little buggy things with our luggage this time!) and it was lovely! I personally love the beds and if it's true about not having the same beds in the mansions(i can't remeber since I was in there for a grand total of around a minute since my mum 'was not having this room'!) then I think it would be a loss!
So yeah if they give you a room you don't like then I'm sure you will be able to move rooms!
Hope this helps! Have a good trip!
:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
08-21-2007, 12:36 PM
POR AB....that's my favorite....get building 18 / 27, or 14......they are very close to the food court and busses......also, it's the first stop, so when your coming back very tired from an all day adventure, you'll be the first off of the bus....with exceptions of PORFQ.....18 and 27 are close to the quiet pool and 14 is just a very short hop to the busses and food.......

Triplet Disney MaMa
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know where there are pics of the Mansions? I have also stayed at AB and loved it, but would like to try something new.

#1donaldfan
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
right here on intercot......at the main page, top....choose resorts and go from there....not sure how many pics and how detailed...but it's a start.....

Triplet Disney MaMa
08-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Thank you very much. This is my first day on here, and I have not seen all there is to offer me yet!! Thanks again!!

Ricbr
08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I have only ever stayed in the Mansions. We even tried this year to get into the Bayou section but it didnt happen.

They put us in mansion number 85 and it was great. Right next to a quiet pool. A very short walk to Old Man Island. And not a far walk to the food court.

Best of all. We were right next to The East Depot Bus stop so it was a breeze getting to any of the parks with no wait and it dropped us off right next to our room late at night.

Have fun!

martinfamily5
08-23-2007, 11:48 AM
We stayed in AB on our last trip and we were so thrilled with it that we are staying there again. It has a rustic feel to it which is right up our alley. We have no stayed in the Mansions, but some friends did. They looked nice.

tinkergal
08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Magnolia Terrace is my dream home! Then again, Scarlett O'Hara has been my heroine most of my life. From a Southern Belle to Tinker Bell, the Mansions are the perfect mix for me!

:tink:

ktflisa
08-23-2007, 08:30 PM
To be fair, I've never stayed in AB, but I'm with Tink just before me. The mansions were so beautiful! Our room was perfect - faced a courtyard / fountain area. I think it was even the last one - #95. It was a walk, but such a beautiful one that even with Disney Feet we never minded it. I am definitely a Southern Belle, so that probably influences me!

I've heard (read?) many times here that folks with kids prefer AB. Not sure why though - maybe the distance?

:mickey: 21 more days! :mickey:

MrPeetrie
08-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds like we can't go wrong with either accomodation! Thanks for the info.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: