PDA

View Full Version : Time Management help!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I was scheduled to take a one-day time management course next month, but I'm not going to be able to attend. Can anyone recommend a really good time management book? I stink at time management and really need to get myself in order, for work and for home.

Thank you!

offwego
08-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Hmm...it depends what your finding to be your biggest hurdle..is it clutter? Overscheduling? Deadlines? Priorty setting? If you could flush it out a little I might be able to reccommend some stuff.

ElenitaB
08-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I have a "bit" of an issue with time management myself :blush: (like I should be working right now instead of posting here). There are a LOT of books out there and I've read more than my share. However, the book that made the biggest impact on the way I get things more controlled was To Do, Doing, Done by G. Lynne Snead and Joyce Wycoff. (You can find it on Amazon and you will need a planner to put their system into action.)

A friend of mine at work swears by David Allen's system and books (Getting Things Done and Ready for Anything). I tried his system but it didn't really rock my boat.