PDA

View Full Version : Ohana or Spirit of Aloha?

tarjaybuff
08-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Is it worth an extra $30pp to go to the Spirit of Aloha Show rather than just dine at Ohana? Please help. Any input would be greatful. Thanks!:mickey:

Clotho
08-21-2007, 02:21 AM
Is it worth an extra $30pp to go to the Spirit of Aloha Show rather than just dine at Ohana? Please help. Any input would be greatful. Thanks!:mickey:

It's hard to compare. At Spirit of Aloha you are paying not only for a several course all-you-can-eat and all-you-can-drink experience, but also a full show of entertainment. So the extra money you are spending pays for the show and the booooze!:marg::beer:

Both make it worth it to me!:thumbsup:

Medland
08-21-2007, 02:22 AM
I vote for 'Ohana. The weak storyline that they added to the luau just before I first saw the show in 2003 was a letdown.
The atmosphere and the dancing performances were great, but the acting was not and the food not as good as I had in the Ohana dining room on my honeymoon last year. The luau is fun if you like dinner shows, which I do...but I think had a lot more fun people-watching and having conversations with my husband at 'Ohana.
The dessert at 'Ohana was incredible!

alpro2
08-21-2007, 07:52 AM
I went to both and 'Ohana would be my choice.

moe513
08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
I think the food is much different. O hanas has great food. I dont care much for the spirtits menu.

pogo
08-21-2007, 08:34 AM
The Spirit of Aloha show was fun. Yes, the acting is corny at the start, but I think it is worth going to. I've never had dinner at Ohana but I here it is also very good. Do one this trip and the other the next trip. :D

snifflesmcg
08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm going to be doing both on my next trip! :D

DVC2004
08-21-2007, 09:09 AM
I did both in June. Although the entertainment is great at SOA, I still like Ohanas food much better. My pick is Ohana.

DDuck66
08-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I voted for Ohana. Even though I love the show at Aloha, IMHO the food leaves a lot to be desired. We have always enjoyed the food at Ohana's even though I have not had dinner there. Can't wait until May 08. Concierge at the POLY!!!!!

tarjaybuff
08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Although I was shocked to read the responses I would like to THANK everyone for their input. As of right now I am keeping my reservation for OHANA, and not switching to Spirit of ALoha. THANKS AGAIN!!:mickey:

Jared
08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Although I was shocked to read the responses I would like to THANK everyone for their input. As of right now I am keeping my reservation for OHANA, and not switching to Spirit of ALoha. THANKS AGAIN!!:mickey:
Good decision! 'Ohana is possibly my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World. The entire experience is fun and the food is absolutely delicious.

MouseHouser
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Can't go wrong with 'Ohana. We love it.

But I voted for SOA. Yes, the story line is a little corny, and our food could have been hotter, but otherwise we found the overall experience really fun.

The setting has its share of magic, imo, with the tiki torches, lush plants, thatched roof, beating drums, Hawaiian outfits, flame twirlers, etc. The show kept my attention. And it was enjoyable having dinner and drinks al fresco.