PDA

View Full Version : Potato Head Question

The Flying Dutchman
08-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey all-
I was wondering if anyone knew if new items for the build your own potato head were put out each year. The Mrs. and I got one last year and really enjoyed the Disney exclusive items. We are headed back again soon and want to get new accessories. How often are new items placed in the bins and does anyone who was just there know what was there???
Thanks!:pirate:

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I have the whole collection of potato head pieces, I'm a bit of a fanatic about them... I go down about twice a year and they always have new pieces that I dont have. I dont know if there is a set release schedule for the new pieces. The problem I have is that there are usually not enough new pieces to fill up an entire box with just new ones, so I usually get a new box every other trip... That was there are enough to make it worth the new parts. The last time I was there, I think they had peter pan, mary poppins, and incredibles that were new...

Lizzie
08-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I am not sure what is new. But they also had Cruella Deville, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Tinkerbell, Pirate and Buzz. That was last October. At Disneyland they had Dumbo ears that I had never seen.

I am also looking forward to filling another box on my next trip. DW has a way better selection DL is just starting to do it.

apequet
08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Where can you buy these peice's? DTD?

disneynarula
08-21-2007, 09:11 PM
You buy them at Once Upon a Toy at DTD.

apequet
08-23-2007, 01:39 PM
You buy them at Once Upon a Toy at DTD.

Thanks! My kids will love this. We'll have to check it out.:mickey:

huzzah4
08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
In addition to the $20 box, there is also a super sized potato head that you can fill for I think $49.99. If you are just starting your collection, I highly recommend it, you can fit at least 3 or 4 of the smaller sized boxes worth of parts in it. Also, there are several large base pieces that you can buy separately for about $5 since they would fill an entire box by themselves. The two I can think of specifically are Buzz's Space Ranger Spin vehicle, and the Dumbo ride Vehicle (Dumbo is my favorite).

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Also, I do not know where you are located, but the World of Disney Store in New York City has specialty pieces just for New York... I have pieces such as pizza with mickey shaped pepperoni, a mickey iconed subway map, a FD NY hat with mickey ears, a statue of liberty crown with mickey ears.... too cool.... If you are ever in the area...

pixiegoose
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Also, I do not know where you are located, but the World of Disney Store in New York City has specialty pieces just for New York... I have pieces such as pizza with mickey shaped pepperoni, a mickey iconed subway map, a FD NY hat with mickey ears, a statue of liberty crown with mickey ears.... too cool.... If you are ever in the area...

Oh, I wish we were in the area (and when I say "we", I'm referring to myself and my husband "The Flying Dutchman")- those sound so cool. I wonder if I could talk my best friend into going for me when she visits her parents in New Jersey......... :secret:

Eeyore's Pal
08-24-2007, 09:15 AM

Actually, last time I was at Downtown Disney in Florida I got the pizza with mickey shaped pepperoni,a FD NY hat with mickey ears, a statue of liberty crown with mickey ears and the torch. I'm not positive if they had the mickey iconed subway map, but I almost think they did.

CleveSJM
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
One mistake we made last time was to not get any arms because we had plenty already at home. Some of the arms at DTD are special and required to hold some of the special Disney objects, like Buzz's Laser Gun. Remember to get a couple "holding" hands...

pixiegoose
08-24-2007, 01:09 PM
One mistake we made last time was to not get any arms because we had plenty already at home. Some of the arms at DTD are special and required to hold some of the special Disney objects, like Buzz's Laser Gun. Remember to get a couple "holding" hands...

Yeah, we figured that out once we got home :oops:. We're definitely picking some up this trip.

Lizzie
08-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I was just there last October. And I got a couple of the small boxes. They didn't have the big one. But after reading this thread I am going to have to get the big one there are so many new parts. I need Dumbo, Mary Poppins, Cruella DeVille, the statue of Liberty and a ton of small parts. I have a couple of sets of arms. My husband thinks I am crazy but I think collecting Potato head parts is a cheaper hobby than pin collecting and were not going to be back for a few years. And the kids are going to have fun with it in about a year. But right now I can play with it. :mickey:

rnin02
08-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Do they have any Lilo potato heads?

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-24-2007, 05:09 PM
I dont think I have even seen Lilo, but they do have a stitch surfboard... I would keep looking, they have new pieces all the time!

Bringonthemouse!
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Another Potato Head tip.... make sure when you pick out the arms that you get a left and a right and not 2 of the same. It makes a huge difference when you get home.:blush:

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
One other suggestion if your a new comer. Purchase a potato head at Walmart or whereever then just purchase the disney pieces. More room in the box without the potato head.