PDA

View Full Version : Beer Sampler

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:53 PM
ive had the one at R&C a few times.
now i heard about Raglan Rd samplers and Big River. any info?
and there is a wine sampler at Germany i remember.

k_reile
08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
this would be something DH would be interested in also...can't wait for someone to answer.

MickeyandTink
08-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm looking forward to a response as well. Being a bit of a :beer: snob and a big brewpub afficianado as well, I'm really interested in what people have to say about Big River.

DisneyTeen
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
i didn't (nor do i know if there is one) sampler at big river, but I did try most of the beers there. (reason being the service was so bad it took forever for our food to come out so we had time). I like to think of myself as a beer lover and willing to try anything and enjoy trying anything and everything.
I tried the Summer Seasonal which they had, very simlar to Sam Summer.
Something Red Ale, which was like Killian's but i enjoyed this alittle more than killian's.
a light offering, i forgot the name of it. It was a lager. I think my girlfriend ask for something along the lines of bud light and this is what they gave her. This was pretty good, less water down flavor than bud light.
And lastly I think there was a pilsener that I tried. This was more like a Becks than a Pilsner Urquell. Overall I thought the beer here was alright, i think that I am spoiled when it comes to beer having a great deal of choices in and around Boston. Again, it was alright. I don't know if I would go back again. I would rather just get some pub food at ESPN with a pitcher and go over to jellyrolls to end the night with a few Yuengling (which isn't found in MA, How I wish it was).

jsdt
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately when we were at Big River in June they did NOT have a beer sampler. They have I believe 6 special brews and since there were 4 in our party we were able to order different ones and try them all - we made our own sampler, but there was none on the menu.

DrumTastik
08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
We hit Big River every trip, and their brews range from good to not-so-good IMHO. However, I am always able to have the server bring a small sample size (~5oz ) of anything they have on tap. If you can catch their Cask Conditioned ale, you must let me know how it is, I have yet to be able to try it. I haven't heard of Raglan offering a flight (sampler), but they have a decent selection of Irish brews and a great selection of Scotches.

Crow, go to the Sam Adams tasting in the American pavilion (I seem to remember you'll be there during F&W Fest). It's free, and educational (:blush:).

Crow
08-21-2007, 10:42 PM
yep i did the Sam Adams thing the other time i was at F&W..so i will hit it again
i hit Big River once on a trip where there was rain (hurricane season) i was staying at Swan and went as far as Big River...:beer: was ok...
ill have to try it again

SignguyTom
08-22-2007, 02:08 PM
We went to Big River in May '06 and I tried the beer sampler. I am a huge fan of microbrews and I would rate theirs 4 stars out of 5. The sampler was great. There were 7 varieties of brews, from pale to amber to dark. There was even a wheat beer. Each came in a 6oz (approx) glass and from what I remember, the whole sampler was only like 6 bucks or so. Easily the best beer value :beer: I've ever seen on Disney property. We had dinner on the boardwalk as well. The food was very good as was the service. Overall it was an excellent experience. :thumbsup:

Stickey
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Big River is a good bet for a sampler. I always order by the pint. :beer::beer:

Crow, make sure that you sample the Sam Adams brews at the F&W. :thumbsup:

TTAtravler
08-24-2007, 07:04 PM
We did the Big River sampler. It was very good. They change some of the brews out depending on the season. We were there in winter. Liked it:beer::blush:

Crow
08-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Big River is a good bet for a sampler. I always order by the pint. :beer::beer:

Crow, make sure that you sample the Sam Adams brews at the F&W. :thumbsup:

lookin forward to it. i did try the special SA fest brew the other time i was at F&W