PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Coral Reef,Concourse and Rose&Crown

GBBT
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Good evening Intercotees.We are going back in December and are trying these places for the first time.Just wondering the thoughts of the ones that have eaten at these places?:confused:

teambricker04
08-20-2007, 08:36 PM
YUM! I love this place (I haven't eaten at the others). Usually we just pop in for a beer, but there is always seating available when we have just shown up.

Good Fish and chips.

Horizon93
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Try the bangers and mash at the Rose & Crown. We love the place. We also really like the Coral Reef.

Mnchknbrat1982
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
can't remember where but I have read somewhere that the Concourse will be closing in October and going under a refurb and when it opens it will no longer be the concourse.

kdsjjb
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Rose & Crown :thumbsup:

Coral Reef :thumbsup::thumbsup:

THE best meal I've ever had in DIsney was at the Coral Reef. We have eaten there almost every trip and, while some times are better than others, we always like it.

Seasonscraps
08-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Coral Reef is my new favorite restaurant at DW! The ambiance is can't be beat. The food is delish and the service was great!

Maleficent's Dad
08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Coral Reef gets (consistently) mixed reviews here; but we've always had great experiences there. The food and service, in our experiences, have been great. I know others find it pricey for what you get. The aquarium-side tables are top notch, especially for kids.

Rose & Crown - to us, a great place. We do not love the food here - find it average. But the service is top notch, and the atmosphere is fun and jovial. We thoroughly feel relaxed here and enjoy our time.

We have found the Concourse Steak House to be average to good. Service has always been very good, but the few times we've eaten here, the food has been just average.

Good luck and have a great time! :mickey:

DDuck66
08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
We ate at the R&C two weeks ago for the first time and I have to say it was wonderful. We both had the fish and chips. The table next to us had the cheese platter and it looked really good as well. Unfortunatly I do not have much positive to say about the Coral Reef. The one time we ate there (05), the food was over done, the service slow, and we thought it was overpriced for what you got. The view was nice and the dessert was great.

Disnamic Duo
08-21-2007, 10:40 AM
We've eaten at all 3 (Coral Reef once, R&C once, and Concourse twice), and loved them all.

Coral Reef, last Sept during "free dining". It was the best meal of our trip. My wife had the NY Strip, and I had the seared tuna. Both were excellent! Also, the service was great - a very friendly, efficient waiter. And the Chocolate Wave...what a great dessert! And the atmosphere here is fantastic! All the fish, the divers, and Mickey in diving gear too... We're going back for dinner next Jan.

R&C: Went once for dinner, and the food was great and the service even better. I had a pie sampler (delicious) and my wife had fish & chips (also very good). We were there during Illuminations - the view was excellent, but there was something wrong with the sound that night, so that kind of tainted the experience.

Concourse Steakhouse: Went once for dinner and once for lunch. We prefer the lunch there. We got the best cheeseburger we've ever had. We're planning on going back for lunch next Jan. Dinner was good, but not great. I had the ribs (good); my wife had the filet (also good). But the atmosphere here is neat with the monorail going through overhead.

bethanne6245
08-21-2007, 12:36 PM
My family loves the Concourse! Too bad it will be closing next year! We always make a point of having dinner there. The filet is great! Last year (on DDP) we were able to get smoothies as drinks at no additional charge! Also my DD9 loves that she can get steak as a kids meal!

Happy dining!

Disney4
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
I am particular to the R&C. I like the food offerings and 1/2 the time we were there, one of my kids has gotten to start the fireworks! :D

TheSorcererofFantasia
08-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Sad to say Concourse Steakhouse will be closed by the time you arrive. Have dined there many times over the years and always believed it to be an often overlooked restaurant.

Have had many wonderful meals there years ago. Attempted to try it again last Dec on our last night.. Arrived early for our ADR and waited for a good 20+ min. Then I discovered something wasn't right and when I questioned I was informed that the kitchen had just closed and they needed to find a place for everyone waiting. :mad: Quickly asked for Alfredo's and had 5 mins to make it across the 'World' to Italy. Giving it another shot in Oct on our last evening.

Rose & Crown is an old favorite of mine. Most will comment on how bland the food is. For me a dinner to include the Mushroom appetizer, Bangers & Mashed and Sticky Toffee Pudding is pure comfort food. :cloud9: Of course you need a yard of Guinness to wash it down and tea with dessert. :beer:

MsMin
08-21-2007, 11:44 PM
We love the Coral Reef and look forward to going back. Never tried Rose and Crown and wasn't impressed with Concourse last Dec. but the service was top notch- I wouldn't go back.
Have a wonderful time.

poeticeclipse
08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
I've eaten at Coral Reef twice and enjoyed it both times. It is more pricey, especially if you are not on the DDP. The entrees are hit and miss. The first time it was my fault because I didn't know what wasabi was and that I hated it. haha. The second time I got the mahi mahi which I enjoyed very much. The lobster soup is AMAZING. Same with the chocolate wave. You cannot go there without getting both of those.

jwallace378
08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of them. I had the fish and chips in R&C (excellent). I've had a great cheeseburger and pretty good steak at Concourse (although LeCellier is better). And the seafood at Coral Reef is fantastic.

GBBT
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for your responses.My family went last year before we did and said Coral Reef and Concourse didn't impress them.They also said that about O'Hanas and San Angel Inn and we ate at those places and it was 2 of the best places we've eaten at DW.

PetefromRI
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Never been to the Concourse but the Coral Reef was alright,the service wasn't that great,my wife loved it and wants to go back.As far as the R&C,it was very relaxing and quiet,perfect for an afternoon lunch and a break from the hustle and bustle.The food was great and I'd go back in a minute.

#1donaldfan
08-24-2007, 08:24 PM
If it's open the concorse was great.....I haven't had the pleasure of CR.....I've been talked out of it for years....someday, I'll have my chance....I can just imagine how great it is...

Samtastic
08-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Coral reef is SOOOOOOO good! The tilapia (at lunch) was the best we've ever had. And I had the lobster salad--it was really good and I don't really like lobster.

grego77
08-24-2007, 10:42 PM
IMHO - Coral Reef is the best restaurant in WDW. The service is PHENOMENAL and the food is to die for. The Mahi Mahi (served lunch AND dinner) is incredible...especially with the Israeli Cous-Cous. You also can't NOT have the chocolate wave....sooooo good! I can't say ONE bad thing about it.

On the OPPOSITE end of the spectrum, Rose & Crown is not my cup of tea. My fish (which I was looking forward to the most!) was not fresh and inedible. There are SOOO many restaurants in Epcot...and from what I hear, Biergarten, Le Cellier, and Marrakesh are all hits. Rose & Crown seems on the boards to be hit or miss...I would avoid it completely due to the sole fact that the menu is nothing special and there's so much more intriguing menu items at other restaurants...again just my opinion...

Good luck and ENJOY! :mickey:

nicster
08-24-2007, 11:18 PM
We are going to the Coral Reef next week, what does everyone like? I am a seafood lover & DH is more a scampi once in a while (great while) kinna guy... any suggestions??? We are on the dinning plan so we have some ability to take some chances... I could use your help too!:confused:

LoriMistress
08-25-2007, 04:00 AM
Sad to say Concourse Steakhouse will be closed by the time you arrive. The restaurant will be open when they arrive. The restaurant will be closed in 2008.

AllDisney
08-25-2007, 02:08 PM
We love Coral Reef. It's great food and love the fact that we are never rushed through our meal. The setting for this place is wonderful.

Concourse was OK. Nothing to really write home about as far as atmosphere goes, however, the steak is very good there. I would try it and judge for yourself especially since it will be closing in 2008 and you'll never have this opportunity again.

Rose&Crown was a very nice experience. Real good comfort food. Great atmosphere and service.

You can't go wrong, in my opinion, with any of these restaurants. Enjoy!

Samtastic
08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
We are going to the Coral Reef next week, what does everyone like? I am a seafood lover & DH is more a scampi once in a while (great while) kinna guy... any suggestions??? We are on the dinning plan so we have some ability to take some chances... I could use your help too!:confused:

From many people includng my bf's father feel the steak at CR is the best he's ever had. Many people think it's best steak in Disney. I've had the lobster salad and the tilapia (on the lunch menu) both were AMAZING!!!!

TheMartellFamily
08-25-2007, 03:21 PM
We really want to try the Coral Reef. We love seafood but some do not so there is a choice for all here. I ate a R&C many years ago when I was younger and do not really remember it. Now that I am older we like to stop by and get a beer or two to enjoy. Sorry I can not comment on Concourse since if we are in the Contemporary in that area with the kids it can only be Chef Mickeys. But out of all these I will say the Coral Reef seems to be a good bet.

Cathy S
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Have not had the pleasure of eating at the Concourse but have had dinner at the Coral Reef -- great! The R&C is one of our favorite spots. I agree that the food is not bland but delicious. Have never had a bad meal there and the service is wonderful. Lunch on the patio is very relaxing and dinner there during Illuminations is spectacular. The mushroom appetizer is soooo good, the toffee pudding is to die for and the fish and chips have been great for us. My sister tried the Guiness Chocolate cake and found it to be the best chocolate cake she ever had.

EmisDisneyMom
08-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I can only speak for the R&C - GREAT :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
08-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Haven't done Coral Reef in a while, R&C nice if you can watch IllumiNations, Concourse good. :mickey: