PDA

View Full Version : OKW Suggestions

Cinderella7299
08-20-2007, 04:31 PM
My husband and I will be guests at OKW in September. We will be staying in a one bedroom villa and are very excited! OKW is one of the only Disney properties in which we haven't been overnight guests.

I would love to hear about your favorite locations around OKW, and any other suggestions you may have for us first-time guests!

We usually spend lots of time enjoying the resort, and will walk around and sight-see quite a lot.

Thanks for your input!!

:mickey: Ginnylynne

WelshieLover
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Have a cocktail at the Gurgling Suitcase:marg:. Take the boat to Downtown Disney - a nice relaxing ride! Enjoy the views from your balcony and all the space in your 1 bedroom. You will love it. Olivia's is pretty good too and not too crowded.

dephenn
08-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Try and reserve a room in Bldg. 14. It's accross the street from the front lobby, the stores and Olivia's. We had a great meal at Olivia's. The boat ride to downtown is relaxing. The only issue I had is that the fitness room is a little small and not well supervised. Another thing that is nice about bldg. 14 is that it's close enough to walk back to from the first bus stop and if you are running late the lobby is the last bus stop. Anyway, we thought OKW was really nice and would recommend it to anyone.

Maleficent's Dad
08-20-2007, 07:02 PM
OKW - great accomodations!!!

We usually request a room in buildings 23-26. You can't beat the view or location or bus stop convenience!

All rooms (well, most anyway) have great views. You'll love the kitchen - a huge perk - as well as the laundry room and hot tub IN your room!

We enjoy Olivia's Cafe - breakfast or dinner are fine by us.

We've fallen - oops, I meant walked out late :blush: - of Gurgling Suitcase....

Be sure to take advantage of the Community Hall if you spend time near the pool.

A few groceries (or bottle of wine :wine:) to make the kitchen (or hot tub ;)) a little more "worthwhile!"

All in all, expect Disney touches - but also expect to be removed from it all. OKW is so very removed from the manic pace of WDW, you'll feel like you're in heaven when you do take advantage of the resort! :mickey:

Lucyrella
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
:cloud9: We arrive Sunday the 26th and have requested a villa in the bldg 23 - 26 area. I have heard that is the place to be. (Thanks Frank) and we will give updates on our trip, so we can give you a first timer impression overall.

Our daughter is turning 4 on the 26th, and we are just way too excited... now hopefully the weather is not an issue, cause come rain or shine we will be partying....

mouseaddict
08-21-2007, 07:35 AM
We just got back from OKW. I really enjoyed how quiet it was. I had requested something on the first floor or in an elevator building. We wound up on the third floor in building 34..no elevator. We were a little overwhelmed as we had two five year olds and a nine month old to lug upstairs after the parks..but it was ok...just be aware that you may have that problem too. We were however close to the bus stop and the quiet pool in that area had a snack bar and a hot tub..OKW is a beautiful resort..you will love it.

Cinderella7299
08-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I didn't make the connection that OKW had boat access to DTD. That has always been one of our favorite things to do at POR/POFQ, we'll definitely do that (probably more than once) while visiting OKW. Everyone's great suggestions have me really looking forward to our visit.

:mickey: Ginnylynne