PDA

View Full Version : Is this dishonest?

ckaranassos
08-20-2007, 04:05 PM
We leave for our trip in eight days D I have an 11 year old DD and an 8 year old DS. DD is a picky eater and eats very little and DS eats more than I thought humanly possible. My question is would it be dishonest if my DD orders from adult menu and DS orders from children's menu (obviously what each other would like) and they switch after receiving their food. We would still be ordering from each menu just different people.

mttafire
08-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Personally, I dont see a problem with this. I think this is something we've ALL done. Actually, I dont even think Disney would mind. You ARE paying for both meals. On a side note..There has been times when i WAS NOT hungry. The waiter/waitress let ME order from the kids menu.

r4kids
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't think it's a problem, your not cheating anyone out of anything. Your just allowing your kids to eat how they would normally eat. I think the age brackets for dining are silly. How many 10 years old eat like an adult? Mine don't, my almost 13 year old barely does. My 9 year won't chage his dining habits by December but if we were to go in December, he would be an adult. So were going in September. 32 days!!!!!!!!

mook3y
08-20-2007, 04:15 PM
You are allowed to share meals with someone else (including splitting a meal). So, I don't see how this would be an issue.

It is not like you are trying to "get around" their system by getting "extra".

kdsjjb
08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
When we were there in Feb, DD13 who does not have an adventurous palate,found very few adult entrees she wanted. On the other hand, DS9 will eat any kind of meat, fish or foul you put in front of him. So,at several locations, we asked the server if switching would be alright. There was never a problem. As long as you are ordering the same number of each that you have included with your plan (not trying to order extra adult meals in place of kids meals) they never had a problem with who they put the food in front of. And we switched at different restaurants, depending on what DD and DS wanted to eat.

ckaranassos
08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks everyone! I thought it should be okay, figured it's better to check with the pros first.

kdsjjb
08-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey ck!

What exit?

ckaranassos
08-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Exit 98- fortunate to be born, raised and still living at the Jersey Shore!

kakn7294
08-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I've done this (most recently last week) myself with my youngest DD. She gets tired of the selections on the children's menu so I order what she'll like and we switch. I also ordered an adult breakfast entree at our resort food court and split it between kids. I don't think it's wrong or dishonest - it's practical.

Wolf
08-21-2007, 09:33 AM
You are allowed to share meals with someone else (including splitting a meal). So, I don't see how this would be an issue.

It is not like you are trying to "get around" their system by getting "extra".

Wow can you share on the DDP and not get in trouble? That would make life so much easier for me and mom cause we always always overeat!

Mickie the Pooh
08-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Wow can you share on the DDP and not get in trouble? That would make life so much easier for me and mom cause we always always overeat!

No you are technically not allowed to SPLIT meals on the dining plan. that of course is not what the OP was asking.
The OP is ordering the correct number and type of meals,My personal belief is once the food reaches the table it belongs to the purchaser and they can do with that food what they wish.
What is Disney going to do if I eat something off my husbands or childs plate or they eat something off mine, come take our plates away and slap us on the hand?

mook3y
08-21-2007, 11:30 AM

We were told last year that sharing a meal was fine....

But, what you are told by CM's can vary drastically.

Mickey'sGirl
08-21-2007, 11:44 AM
When we were on the DP in '05 we would often mix and match the meals. My kids aren't crazy over mac n cheese or hot dogs or the like.... so we would share what we got around between us... If there was a shrimp appetizer on the menu, DS7 snagged it, and I got his house salad.... it worked well. I can't imagine there would be a problem, nor do I think it is a dishonesty issue. You aren't trying to manipulate the system -- you are just reallocating the collective resourses!:thumbsup:

cheshirecollector
08-21-2007, 02:45 PM
So long as you are matching the type of credit with the type of meal, it doesn't matter who eats it. You already paid for the "correct" number of adult and child meals. What they don't want is adults trying to use child credits for adult meals, or buying child meals for themselves without the dining plan.

jszczur5
08-22-2007, 01:52 AM
I don't see a problem with that at all. I don't think the server will care who eats what. In our family, we all try a little off each other's plate when ordering something new.
My son is 11, and often orders his app. and dessert from the kid's menu and his entree from the adult menu. You will find that most restaurants are very flexible that way.
Enjoy!

KAT1811
08-22-2007, 10:20 AM
So long as you are matching the type of credit with the type of meal, it doesn't matter who eats it. You already paid for the "correct" number of adult and child meals.

:ditto:

The Bookseller
08-22-2007, 01:15 PM
So long as you are matching the type of credit with the type of meal, it doesn't matter who eats it. You already paid for the "correct" number of adult and child meals. What they don't want is adults trying to use child credits for adult meals, or buying child meals for themselves without the dining plan.

:ditto::exactly::ditto:

I saw my friends doing it on my last two trips and we had no problem.