PDA

View Full Version : SC Family Post Disney Trip Report-Day 4

ncscgirl2005
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
So Day 4....

This was our first day "officially" park hopping. We decided to do Epcot for their EMHs that morning. Loved it! My only two regrets: Not seeing World Showcase & not staying for Illuminations. However, I will turn those two regrets into incentives for going back! We got a chance to ride Soarin (twice)! Amazing. The wait time was twenty minutes the first time and the second time we had fast passes so we didn't wait long that time either. Next stop was Test Track where the wait was supposed to be 20 minutes (so said the little clock outside the ride) but we waited like 45 minutes. That ride was OK but I don't think I'm dying to get back on it though on my next trip. Next stop was Mission Space. We went with the less intensive training (the green side). That was just enough for me. I don't think I could have handled anything else. DH said that it was wimpy and decided he would go back for more so he did the Intensive Training side (the orange). Poor fellow, he wasn't right the rest of the day even though he wouldn't admit to it! Didn't want to get on anything else; claimed his stomach was hurting. Yeah, I bet it was Mr. Macho!!!! :secret: Anyhoo, we did a few other things before deciding to head off to MGM to get in a half day over there. Got to MGM at around 1 pm. We were heading to get Fastpasses for Tower of Terror and some nice lady gave us her fastpasses! Hooray! We are like Fastpass magnets in the Disney parks!!!!! We had lunch at some counterservice place by ToT while we waited for our time. We also got fast passes of our own to Aerosmith's Rocking Roller Ride. Of course, DH still couldn't ride anything at this time so he passed. We loved that ride. As a kid I was always afraid of the Twilight Zone so this ride brought up all those old fears but I handled them much better. We watched the parade and the High School Musical Pep Rally which was really great. I do wish they had a better way of keeping people from jumping the line though. During the middle of the show, two little girls pushed their way from the back of the crowds and right in front of my DDs who had patiently waited over an hour in the hot sun to get their spots on the first row. I kindly asked them to back up and that they could watch from behind my kids which they did. I felt bad for doing that but I turned around and didn't see any parents there that belonged to them whatsoever. After all that excitement we headed over to take pics with Buzz Lightyear and Woody which took quite a while. Then we peddled around at the Honey I Shrunk the kids playground until the stunt show started. That was a whole heap of fun. By this time we headed back to Aerosmith's ride and man what a treat that was. DD-10 is scared of rides that go upside down and I had no idea this one did. So because DH didn't ride this with us, she and DD-6 had to sit together while I sat with a stranger. So when we hit the first loop, I just knew she was going to be terrified and probably crying by the time we got off. Boy was I wrong! She loved it! She wanted to go again but the standby time was insane, well over an hour. So we regrouped with DH who had already gotten in line for Fantasmic. That line was crazy too but he was near the front. We waited for 1.5 hrs for that to start but it was fun. The wave got played out after like the 5th go-round. Next time we go, we'll take playing cards and such to keep us busy. That show was incredible and a must do for anyone who visits MGM. I can't wait to go back. After the show we decided to do it up since this was our last night in the Disney Parks so we headed over to MK since they had evening EMHs. Woa... was it packed!!!! We only got to ride Dumbo and Mad Tea Party and that was it. I danced for a while at the Character Dance Party and my DDs were soo sleepy that they didn't want to participate. Mickey, Minnie, Terk, Pluto, and Chip-n-Dale were there and we had a blast. We did the Electric Slide and the Cha-Cha Slide and the "old dances from back in the day". I was having a blast but everyone else was ready to leave. :( So I stomped and moped like a baby all the way to the Dole Whip stand in Adventureland. Then the ice cream pacified me and I was OK. Wow what a way to end such a long perfect day!

I won't post anything about Day 5 since we did something "non-Disney" :secret: But let me tell you, my heart was with Disney the whole time. Nobody can do it more magical than Disney.

Lizzie
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like another fun day.

gauvin4
08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like another fantastic day!! I sure hope Mr. Macho's stomache is feeling better!:blush:

shan-ash
08-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Poor Mr. Macho:sick:
Whoo-hoo for your daughter :high5:

Bethis26fan
08-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
08-21-2007, 08:45 AM