PDA

View Full Version : SC Family Post Disney Trip Report-Day 3

ncscgirl2005
08-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Ok so...it's been a few days but man have I been busy since we came home.

So on Day 3 we decided to do AK for their morning EMH's. We got there at like 8:15 and the place was packed already! First stop was Fastpasses for Kiliminjaro Safaris since this is what I have always dreamed of doing since they opened AK. While waiting for our time to come, we explored around for a while. I'm not an animal lover whatsoever so the petting zoo was out of the question for me. My kids are only into animals from a distance so they didn't care for the petting zoo either. The safari ride was very bumby but very interesting. We got to see a lot of things up close. After we peddled around a little more, we had lunch at the Pizzafari (?). Good meal. While we were eating , some nice fellow gave us three fastpasses for Expedition Everest which was our next stop. Thank Heavens for that nice man. By the time we got over there the passes were well into the evening hours. That ride was incredible. We also got a chance to ride DINOSAUR which was incredible but very loud too! The kids loved the spinning ride in Dinoland (Primewhirl?) and we rode that twice. Very fun but very jerky too. We didn't get a chance to do any of the shows like Nemo or the Lion King as DH was not really "into" that stuff. :( We saw the first half of Pochantas' show but left before it ended. We did get a chance to see A Bug's Life which was very funny and refreshing after all that heat!!!! I thought AK would have been cooler and it was ---AS LONG AS YOU STAYED IN THE SHADE! We left AK at about 3 and went back to the resort until about 6. Then we headed to Typhoon Lagoon since they had EMHs that night. By the time we got there, my allergies were bothering me so bad that I didn't even want to go near the water for the chlorine to aggrevate me even more so I just laid back and dozed off quite often while DH and DDs went on every water ride possible. They stayed in (and loved) the wave pool for quite a while. Then we left about 9:30 and headed back to the resort for some food and good sleep. Whew...what a long day!

faline
08-20-2007, 03:11 PM
That certainly was a very long day! It was very nice of that person to offer you his fast passes!

magicman
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
It sounds like you maximized two parks in a day, which is exhausting.

Honestly, after the oppressing heat of Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon sounds very, very good.:fan:

I do wish you could have gone to a couple of the AK shows. Festival of the Lion King & Nemo are very good...but I guess that gives you something to put on your "must dos" for next time.:mickey:

I hope your allergies didn't keep you down.:sneeze:

Lizzie
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the report. I love the waterparks I find them so relaxing.

gauvin4
08-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I am exhausted just reading your reports!!:whew: But you sure are getting a lot done.:mickey: Thanks for sharing!

shan-ash
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
:yay: way to go nice man at AK!!!!

Bethis26fan
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
08-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

January-2007
08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the trip report!

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a nice combination day of Animal Kingdom and typhoon lagoon. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Isn't it nice when others share the magic?? Thanks for reporting.

iheartmickey
08-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. You did it in the right order too ... hot AK then the nice cool waters of TL.

Don't you love when people spread the magic by sharing the things they don't need and don't want to go to waste! I love that about Disney!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
08-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Another great day!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey: