PDA

View Full Version : DWSecrets

BBrinkman
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Has anyone used the e-book DWSecrets that's advertised on Intercot? Is it worthwhile to purchase?

BigRedDad
08-20-2007, 02:57 PM
If you want the e-book, I recommend getting it on eBay. I bought a copy for $5 (licensed by the site). For $5, anything that may save me money is worth it. A lot of the information is common sense. Some of it may be new to you. I wouldn't recommend buying it, even for $5 now.

You can get all the information from that book on Intercot. Some of the common sense things are:

1. Go during value season to save the cost of rooms from peak season (no kidding?)
2. Stop at a grocery store to pick up breakfast items, lunch meat, snacks, bread, and milk.
3. Don't pay for things you will not do. Why buy a Park Hopper if you are never going to park hop? Why buy options to the water parks, PI, and DisneyQuest if you are not going to go?
4. Use DME from MCO since it is free. This can save you $100-$200 from paying for a limo service.

About the only thing I got out of the book was paying a DVC member for a rental. This can save large amounts of money during the right season.

mttafire
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
If you want the e-book, I recommend getting it on eBay. I bought a copy for $5 (licensed by the site). For $5, anything that may save me money is worth it. A lot of the information is common sense. Some of it may be new to you. I wouldn't recommend buying it, even for $5 now.

You can get all the information from that book on Intercot. Some of the common sense things are:

1. Go during value season to save the cost of rooms from peak season (no kidding?)
2. Stop at a grocery store to pick up breakfast items, lunch meat, snacks, bread, and milk.
3. Don't pay for things you will not do. Why buy a Park Hopper if you are never going to park hop? Why buy options to the water parks, PI, and DisneyQuest if you are not going to go?
4. Use DME from MCO since it is free. This can save you $100-$200 from paying for a limo service.

About the only thing I got out of the book was paying a DVC member for a rental. This can save large amounts of money during the right season.
I've actually considered the DVC "rental" Depending on the member..You CAN save ALOT.

pixiesmimi
08-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Are you talking about The Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide by Beth Haworth? I bought it through this site and downloaded the eBook. It was well worth the money because she updates it every few days and you just redownload it free with the updates anytime. You can also share it with anyone. But you can't sell it so if that is the one that is being talked about buying on eBay, that is against her copywrite. It does have a lot of good things on there along with info on discounts. I have found almost as much info from Intercot as in this ebook but there are a few things different. If I had been reading Intercot discussions before buying the book, I probably wouldn't have bought it but I'm glad I have it and use both. I update mine about every week and will be able to continuously do this free for a long time. I also shared it with my DDs for their information. With having the book, I can have the info at hand for comparisons without having to go back and read the threads searching for something. But that said, I can't do without Intercot now. :) I'm addicted. :mickey: