PDA

View Full Version : Water view at CBR

dundeehunter
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm going to CBR Dec 5-11. I originally wanted a preferred location so I would be close to the pool and food court. When the discounts came out, a preferred room was not available so I am now in a "water view". I realize that this means that I will see the water from my room but does this mean that I could possibly be FAR AWAY from the everything else? What are the chances that when I get to CBR to check in that I can request a preferred room?

garymacd
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
That happened to us on our very first trip staying on-site at CBR. We were about 7 miles from the main building or any chance of food, and the walk from the car was about 3 miles...uphill...both ways...in the rain...and the dark...wearing our grandfather's pj's...:funny:

You can always try for an upgrade, but there is no guarantee.

CleveRocks
08-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm going to CBR Dec 5-11. I originally wanted a preferred location so I would be close to the pool and food court. When the discounts came out, a preferred room was not available so I am now in a "water view". I realize that this means that I will see the water from my room but does this mean that I could possibly be FAR AWAY from the everything else? What are the chances that when I get to CBR to check in that I can request a preferred room?
Preferred location means being in one of the 6 buildings closest to Old Port Royale (3 in one village and 3 in another). But each village, regardless of its proximity to OPR, has water view rooms (because each village has some frontage on the lake, and each village has a quiet pool). SO yes, your water view room could be pretty far from OPR.

And just so you know, water view means a view of water. Whether the water is the lake or a quiet pool is just a matter of luck ... you can request lake but it can't be guaranteed.

Rayadragon
08-22-2007, 04:36 PM
The one time we went with the water view at CBR, we wound up looking at one of the "quiet" pools. Unfortunatly, it wound up being not so quiet due to the large number of shrieking kids and teenagers that tended to use it. It was a pretty isolated incident, but it's just good to be mentally prepared in case that's what happens.

Mariašoš
08-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Just call CRO to request a certain location added to your reservation. Martinique and Trinidad North have the preferred room locations, however, Aruba and Jamaica are just as close to OPR. It's just a quick walk over the bridge to OPR!