PDA

View Full Version : Best Saratoga building/room Location

drosenbe
08-20-2007, 01:07 PM
We are arriving on 8/24 with my wife and 3 kids (Not kids anymore, 19/16/14). We will have a rental car and love DD and PI.

I am thinking of requesting a room near the walkway to DD. I am expecting that the 'kids' will do their own thing sometimes and will need to use the bus system.

Which building or room should I request. We will be getting a 2 bedroom.

Thanks in advance

pox24
08-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Congress Park will get you the view. Make sure you are on the 2nd floor or higher. .:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
08-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Congress is definately the closest walk to DD. It has it's own pool and hot tub and depending which room also has a great view of DD. It is on the water and you can see directly across to DD. It is beautiul at night. I can PM you room and building choices. Do you care how close you are to the main bulding or the pool at Congress? :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
08-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I'd definitely say Congress Park. We walked right out the back of our building and got on the walkway to DTD. It was a quick and easy walk. We had the pool right behind our building as well...and a bus stop right out the front door. The only thing that was more work to get to was the main building and pool. But if you have a car that's easy too...you can drive and park right next to the pool area.

disneycouple2004
08-21-2007, 01:44 PM
:ditto: Congress Park..perfect for DTD.:thumbsup:

jsdt
08-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Someone else made the same comment, but I would also request 2nd floor or higher. We were there in June on the second floor and could see DD no problem, however, I noticed that some of the first floor rooms' views were blocked by bushes and trees.

Belle_0717
08-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Congress Park is the closest to DTD Marketplace. You can also request Grandstand which is the newest area to open. DH and I were in the building to the left of the pool which was close to the walkway to the Carriage House and the back way into DTD and PI.

Here we go again...
08-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Congress Park is the closest to DTD Marketplace. You can also request Grandstand which is the newest area to open. DH and I were in the building to the left of the pool which was close to the walkway to the Carriage House and the back way into DTD and PI.

We stayed at the Grandstands in July and used the walking path to get us to Disney Quest. It was a short walk but we found out very fast that we broke the rules. That path is not intended for walking to DTD. That path is actually on the golf course so it is off limits to anyone just walking across. Once the course is open it will have signs. What a shame, because it is a nice walk.

MinnieMommie
08-23-2007, 06:21 AM

I've stayed at both Congress and Grandstand and while I absolutely love Grandstand it is really much easier to get to DD from Congress. When at Grandstand our building was very close to the boat launch area. The walk from Congress is much faster but the boat is another option. :mickey:

Mushu11756
08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for this post were able to get Congress Park top floor facing DTD!!! Thanks again:thumbsup: