PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Cards

smw01
08-20-2007, 12:21 PM
My DD - 11, DS - 8 and I will be travelling for the first time to Disney. I am thinking about giving my children a limit for their spending money and therefore let them decide how to spend it. (They are good spenders and understand this conept as I have used it before when they have recieved birthday money etc.)

However, I do not want to give them cash. We will be staying on site, so I know they can use our "key" to charge things, but I think they (and I) will lose track of their spending. So my question is are these cards accepted everywhere in the park (including kiosks, etc), do they get an update of their remianing balance when they use them, will thy slow us down when checking things out and where do I get them?

Thanks!

disneymom15
08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
We've used them several times with no problems. After each use, on the credit card receipt, you'll find the remaining balance.

Gottaluvgoof
08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I bought them for my kids at our local Disney Store in the mall. We bought them as soon as we booked our trip, and each time they have some money, we took the cards back to the Disney Store to add money to them. They each have their own cards and it's a good way to get them to save money for their trip. They started with $20 each and my youngest DS 11, was complaining how that wasn't much. I told him to watch it grow and he is thrilled to be taking way more than that on our trip in September. It's also a good way to have them work to earn money for their cards. :mickey:

julyjewel
08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
We just got back and my kids used the giftcards at all the gift shops. They will provide a balance for you on the receipt. I was a little nervous about using them too but they really pay off!:mickey:

irish1967
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
The gift cards are accepted almost everywhere in the park - I think some of the snack stands (ice cream, popcorn, etc.) may not be wired, but I believe most of the souvenir kiosks are able to accept the gift cards.

As of last spring, Disney Gift Cards were not accepted at any location that is not directly owned by Disney - there is a web-site listed on the back of the card that will give particulars but as an example, your children would not be able to use a Disney Gift Card to make a purchase in the gift shop of Rainforest Cafe.

smw01
08-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Great idea about them earning the money and then loading the cards.

Unfortunatley the province taht I am from in Canada does not have a Disney store. I am assuming I should be able to get them on site? Correct?

tinksmom02
08-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Great idea about them earning the money and then loading the cards.

Unfortunatley the province taht I am from in Canada does not have a Disney store. I am assuming I should be able to get them on site? Correct?

I posted this reply to a similar thread a few days ago..."Santa" gave DD a disney gift card for our trip, and I am pretty positive that it was purchased through the disneyshopping website...

But I just checked it out and they only ship to US addresses, doesn't help you, sorry!