PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic preferred seating???

mjesq
08-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi All - Just wondering if anyone has any info/exp with the Fantasmic preferred seating with their restaurant choice! I remember reading about it but can't seem to find it again:blush:

Thanks!

poeticeclipse
08-20-2007, 11:33 AM
They give you a card that you take to the special side entrance which is close to the front of the park. By the "picture place." You give them your card and then you get seated in a special section of bleachers.

To be totally honest, it's not the best seat. The good part about the deal is that you don't have to stake out a seat RIGHT AWAY when they let people in. You can still get a seat up close a half hour before show time. It's just not the best view. I prefer a head on view but... that's just me.

faline
08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Does this (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp) help?

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
The seating section is the far-right side of the seats (when facing the stage).

Mousehead35
08-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I just returned from WDW on Sat and during our trip we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Mama Melrose. I would totally go this route again in a heartbeat. Not only was our food excellent, but you can't beat having a place to sit for the show with little wait. Yes, you do sit off to the side, but honestly we felt our seats were very good. Never felt we couldn't see anything or were in the "cheap" seats.

alittleGrumpy
08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I had pretty much decided that the last time that we did the Fantasmic! package that we would not do it again because of the early dinner time, but after last week I have changed my mind.

We went back to see the show last Wed. and stood in line with what seemed to be a million of our closest friends. Stuffy, packed in like sardines, and hot hot hot (it was Aug. what was expecting :D) As I stood there, I decided that from then on, I would eat a late lunch and get a pass on the line. Totally worth it IMHO.

jsw123
08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
We did the package in late July, ate a 7:00 dinner at Hollywood and Vine, browsed some gift shops, and arrived at Fantasmic at about 8:30. The place was PACKED! What time you had to get there to get a regular seat is beyond me! Our seats were perfectly fine---can't see a complaint about any seat there! YOu'll see anything fine! To me, you must eat, why not do so leisurely and ensure a seat? Crazy not to during busy season! Have fun!:mickey:

brownie
08-20-2007, 11:10 PM
We like Hollywood & Vine. We've eaten at Mama Melroses, but not at the Brown Derby. I think it's well worth doing the package.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
08-20-2007, 11:24 PM
We have done the Fantasmic dinner a few times. We prefer Mama Melrose's.

You walk to Oscar's garage at the front of the park when it is time to enter. The preferred seating is to the right like everyone else said. Not bad.

However, each time we have done the package we have been told by the CM's to move to the center section since the seats were "better". So, we kind of use the package as an insurance policy. We know we have seats but, if the Cm's tell us to move to the center we prefer to do that. The seats to the right are perfectly fine. If that has changed and the CM's do not say to move to the center, I will be perfectly fine with that too. :mickey: We always follow the CM's suggestions since they know all of the in's and outs..lol.

Have fun, We love Fantasmic!!

Jared
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
When my family used the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, we ate at Hollywood & Vine because the buffet meal suited everybody. The seats in the theater are not perfect, but you will have a solid view of the show. I would only use the package again during busy times. I do not mind waiting 45 minutes or an hour for better seats. On crowded days, you have to wait longer than hour.

If you decide to use the Fantasmic! Dinner Package, try eating at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. Reviews on the boards are usually mixed, but we really enjoy the restaurant.

jsdt
08-21-2007, 03:40 PM
One nice thing about the far right seats is that you can exit fairly quickly. Last time we were late to arrive (did not do the Fantasmic Dining) and had to sit on the far left. It took forever to get out.

jsdt
08-21-2007, 03:41 PM
One thing I forgot to add. We ate at Hollywood & Vine. It's a pretty good buffet - has some items on it that the other buffets don't have and ends up with good variety.

snifflesmcg
08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
On a similar note, I have a question. We have an ADR for the Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package. I was reading on this site that it's $23.99 and it also includes a 15% gratuity in the price. Does anyone know if this is true or not? We are paying OOP on this meal. Thanks.

mjesq
08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone! I think we will do Mama Melrose's with the package!

Disney5+2
08-23-2007, 03:25 PM
On our last trip we did the Fantasmic package and ate at Hollywood & Vine. The dinner was OK. I might try Mama Melrose next time. Our first experience with the crowds at Fantasmic convinced me to do the dining package if we ever did it again. You will get in and out much faster and won't waste time sitting waiting for the show to start for so long. The seats were fine, somewhat off center, but everything floats by you eventually, no matter where you sit. Have fun.