PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

Twinkletoes77705
08-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone has bought this for there kids? I like the way it tells you about lines and wait times....and also does disney trivia. Would love input.

MMouse6937
08-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I have one for myself (33 yo female *clears throat*) BUT I love it. It's fun, interactive, etc. Little hard to hear in the parks unless you bring him up to your ear. The only thing is that I have the original one so he is somewhat out of date. I think I'm either going to have to buy a new one this year or resign myself to him being out of date. I guess he can't be updated. It's a nice thing though, especially I am sure kids will love it. :thumbsup:

GottaluvTiggr
08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I bought one and i love it. He tell you so much and he is really fun to have at all the parks.:mickey:
It is a great investment.

robyn221
08-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Hi Jeannie!

We bought a Sorcerer Pal Mickey for our trip in September from someone on EBay for a fraction of what you would pay in the parks. I figured the kids could entertain themselves (or annoy the other passengers) on the plane with it on the trip over. It is adorable! I've got it hidden in my closet (like the trip, it, too is a surprise!) and I have to admit I've taken it down when the kids were out just to make sure the batteries are still good (that's my story and I'm sticking to it:secret: ).

Robyn:mickey:

MickeyandTink
08-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Jeannie!

We bought a Sorcerer Pal Mickey for our trip in September from someone on EBay for a fraction of what you would pay in the parks. I figured the kids could entertain themselves (or annoy the other passengers) on the plane with it on the trip over. It is adorable! I've got it hidden in my closet (like the trip, it, too is a surprise!) and I have to admit I've taken it down when the kids were out just to make sure the batteries are still good (that's my story and I'm sticking to it:secret: ).

Robyn:mickey:

Spooky! That's just what we did, too. We told DD6 :princess: about the trip a couple of weeks ago, but Pal Mickey :smickey: is a surprise B-day present we're giving her the day we get on the plane.

We've tried it out a few times and it seems like it will really entertain her. One word of warning, though. When our Pal Mickey arrived, it did not function well at all and would not stop shaking when you pushed his belly. I finally unzipped him and unplugged the cable connecting his body to his head. After waiting a minute or so, I plugged it back in and he's worked great since.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
We purchased one a few trips back. My son had to have one and I must admit I wanted one too. It is a cute concept but it does grow old plus, it really is hard to hear. My son would not put it down when we entered the parks, then Dad ended up holding it the rest of the day. I have to admit the first few days we had him I was even intrigued. But also found us asking "are we bringing this with us today?". I don't know if the "new" ones have the strap for around the neck but it keeps falling off so he clipped it to his belt, lucky him, LOL! Sitting down in the rides was quite an ordeal with a bulky stuffed pal. We paid a whopping $70 for it at the resort gift shop. A huge mistake. I think if you can get one reasonable like off Ebay like a few have I guess it's worth it. Otherwise, I would vote agaisnt paying full price for it at WDW. At least for us the novelty wore off fairly quickly.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I had gotten 2 through Disney Merchandising a couple of years ago, 1 for myself and 1 for my 2.5 year old nephew. I have to admit, I had more fun with it than he did. I'll bring mine with me next week when we go down. I think my sis is planning on bringing my now 4 year old nephews too.

tinksmom02
08-20-2007, 08:52 PM
My mom got one for DD (then 4) in January. It's very cute, but we didn't really get any info out of it. I think once it told us something about the stained glass in Cinderella's castle. It became a nuisance to carry around. I think DD was a little too young for it, and I was just too busy with everything else to pay it much attention...I think older kids would probably enjoy it...

It's staying home when we go next month.

jiifigment
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
We got one on last year's trip. My dd's (9 & 13 at the time) LOVED it! It did tell us where to find some characters (our favorite feature), and also some fun facts. The newer ones (not the originals) have louder volume, so they're not so hard to hear. I've heard they'll update as you walk into the parks too (we'll find out in 2 weeks).

The ones with the tuxedo thing on have a problem with the outfits tearing under their arms VERY easily. Thought I'd mention that in case you get one off ebay. We had our first one replaced (an advantage of buying it new...if anything goes wrong during your trip they'll replace it where you bought it.). On the second one, we took off the tux outfit and bought him the Safari outfit! It's much more durable! :mickey:

BigG007
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
He is good. kept my DD very busy.... you can get some cool change of cloths for him also

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM
Our 3 children saw Pal Mickey and wanted it. I couldn't bring myself to buy 3 and to avoid an argument we didn't buy any.