PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from airport

imbieelf
08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Which is the quickest way if do not have checked luggage? Disneys magic express or mears??

Piglet822
08-20-2007, 10:37 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!! :thumbsup:

If you are staying at a WDW owned resort then Disney's Magical Express is your only shuttle option. Mears operates the buses for DME and no longer offers shuttle service to the Disney resorts**. DME is not always the quickest way, since it does make multiple stops, but it is by far the most economical. FREE!!!

If you really want to get there in a hurry you might try a towncar. Happy Limo (http://www.intercot.com/news/advertising/*********.asp) is a sponsor of this site and comes highly recommended by many INTERCOT members. You can also arrange for a grocery stop.

** By this I mean WDW owned resorts, service is still available to the Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green, and the DD area (non Disney) hotels. Just in case I got anyone nervous.

imbieelf
08-20-2007, 12:47 PM
That was very helpful. Things have changed a bit since we last stayed inside the park. Other times we have rented a car, so I really appreciate your reply.

CleveRocks
08-20-2007, 01:12 PM
If you really want to get there in a hurry you might try a towncar. I'm assuming you're saying this only because the OP will have no checked luggage and therefore won't have to wait at baggage claim.

Because, as a traveler, I can't imagine that a car service could have gotten me to my resort substantially faster than I made it twice using DME.

From the time I exited the aircraft, it took me 63 minutes to get to CBR and 56 minutes to get to POFQ. Including a wait at baggage claim, I can't fathom a car service could have substantially beaten those times.

Piglet822
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm assuming you're saying this only because the OP will have no checked luggage and therefore won't have to wait at baggage claim.

Because, as a traveler, I can't imagine that a car service could have gotten me to my resort substantially faster than I made it twice using DME.

From the time I exited the aircraft, it took me 63 minutes to get to CBR and 56 minutes to get to POFQ. Including a wait at baggage claim, I can't fathom a car service could have substantially beaten those times.

Since I'm a DME driver I'm well aware of the approximate travel time betweem MCO and the resorts.

There are times that a towncar could be quicker and it's up to the individual to decide what's best for them. I'm simply pointing out other options besides DME.

BBrinkman
08-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Overall and on average then would you say that it's just as quick or not much longer to take the DME versus renting a car or finding another means of transportation from MCO to Coronado Springs? The reason I'm asking is we'll be travelling with a little one and want to get to the resort as quickly as possible!:mickey:

mulderxcoltrane
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
The nice thing about a towncar service (if you're willing to shell out the $) is that you're the only passengers. Therefore - they are waiting to pick you up when you arrive and you take off immediately with no stops at other resorts.
DME may not take too long occasionally - but depending on the time of year - there could be a wait for other passengers (i.e. last year it was 45 minutes from when we got in line at DME to when the bus pulled out of the airport).

We have been perfectly happy with DME - b/c we want to save $ and don't mind sacrificing wait time for cost.

If you do want the quickest way - my vote would be for a towncar.

Piglet822
08-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Overall and on average then would you say that it's just as quick or not much longer to take the DME versus renting a car or finding another means of transportation from MCO to Coronado Springs? The reason I'm asking is we'll be travelling with a little one and want to get to the resort as quickly as possible!:mickey:

There's really know of telling, to be honest. You might catch it right and the bus leaves almost as soon as you board. Or you may have just missed one and be the first ones on the next bus to your resort area but you'll end up sitting on the bus at the airport for 15 - 20 minutes. Normally the airport staff does not hold the bus longer than 15 minutes.

It will also depend on whether you come in a busy time or a slow time. What time are you scheduled to land?

faline
08-21-2007, 06:07 AM
I've used all three types of transportation and, overall, don't think one is really faster than the other. It all depends upon circumstances.

We've used private towncars - Happy Limo. With this mode of transportation, you still need to wait for your luggage to arrive at the carousel so you can load it in the car. Depending on security measure, your driver may also need to park so distance away and need to retrieve the vehicle.

We've rented a vehicle. With this mode of transportation, you still need to wait for your luggage to arrive. Depending on where you've rented, you either need to take a shuttle to your destination or get your luggage to the garage where the rental cars are. Even when you can bypass the regular lines to get your car, there is still some time spent getting your car, checking it out, loading your luggage and getting underway.

We've used Magical Express. On one occasion, we retrieved our own luggage. Once, we allowed them to transport the luggage. You still need to check in at Magical Express, be directed to your bus and wait for your bus to leave. You may also stop at more than one resort before begin dropped off at your own.

Overall, I think each mode of transportation is, on average, about the same. Sometimes you might hit it really lucky and one mode is quicker than another.

MNMS
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
My vote would be for a limo. We use a limo service every year (not Happy Limo) and like the flexibility/control. Since we have little kids, we just like to get where we're going right away. We started using the limo's before there was DME and we've just gotten into the routine. Also on the return trip to the airport, you have to be at your hotel earlier than you would if you had a limo (although I don't think it is that much more time -- maybe 1 to 2 hours?).