PDA

View Full Version : Special Fall Foods?

Disney Babe
08-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Does DL offer any special foods for fall, such as hot apple cider? I actually live pretty close to apple country and will be doing the annual fall trek to Oak Glen with the rest of the locals here, but I was thinking I might like to return to DL in October and was hoping for some fall specialties there.

How about the Big Thunder Ranch Barbeque? (Is that what it is called?) Is that worth it and anything special going on there? Knott's used to have a harvest festival with pie eating contest and I miss that. I would like to see something like that at DL.

NotaGeek
08-20-2007, 04:29 AM
Big Thunder Ranch BBQ has been closed for a while, I believe that area is now used for big groups and special occasions as a part of the park to rent out for parties or conventions.

I go to Disneyland every fall and I don't remember any fall food specialties, especially not hot apple cider. Odds are the fine dining restaurants will offer fall dishes, but I don't think that has ever been a Disneyland thing. Do you remember anytime in the past that Disneyland has offered such specialties?

Disney Babe
08-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Oh, I saw people in the BT Ranch last week and assumed it was open again - so now I know it's only for special people. Waaah.:(

No, I never remember any special foods at DL in the fall. But I don't remember ever going in the fall either, so you never know. With the changes that have happened in the last couple of years I was hoping DL would play up more of the harvest type activities and not just Halloween. I really don't care for Halloween but would look forward to adding a harvest theme along with the Halloween stuff, eating pumpkin pie or whatever. It's all about the food for me.:blush:

We have a place out in my area called The Pumpkin Patch that has all kinds of pumpkins, a great petting zoo, etc. But I guess this year will be last year and then it will be torn up and paved over to become a Target.:(

tinkwest
08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
For all things fall related read the "Halloween Dreams Come True . . . " (http://www.intercotwest.com/news.aspx?newsId=190)news story.

*tinker_belle*
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
So i guess this means that theres no mention of a pumpkin churro? LOL

BrerGnat
08-28-2007, 11:20 PM
A few weeks ago, they had a petting farm inside Big Thunder Ranch, open to everyone! There were about 20 goats (2 "mommies" and LOTS of "kids"), a sheep, a turkey, and a cow. My two toddlers had a field day inside the goat pen, and my older son 3, fell in love with the "big fluffy sheep".

Last year during "Halloweentime", they had a simlilar petting zoo, with some pumpkin head scarecrows thrown in as well as a little show with Woody, Jessie, and the horse (what's his name again???)

Anyway, as far as "fall foods", I can't remember any, although I vaguely recall hot apple cider being available in the Main Street Bakery as a specialty drink last year.

*tinker_belle*
09-23-2007, 07:03 PM
For those of you who don't know, these special fall foods are available through the fall holidays. I know some were curious.

Courtesy of the DL website:
Halloween Themed Food and Beverage

Savor the flavors of the fall season with special treats and drinks with Halloween twists available throughout Disneyland® Park.
Blue Ribbon Bakery: Chocolate Mickey Pumpkin Cookie, Cream Filled Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Caramel Apple Cider
Gibson Girl Ice Cream: Pumpkin Sprinkle and Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones
Plaza Inn: Sliced Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake
Carnation Café: Pumpkin King Mousse Tarts
"Woody's Halloween Roundup" at Big Thunder Ranch: Cotton Candy in Halloween colors, Spooky-Kookie Cookie Decorating Kits

BrerGnat
09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Mmmmm....pumpkin cheesecake....mmmmmmm :yummy:

I remember the Halloween colored cotton candy now! They had it last year. Orange and Purple, from what I remember. The purple is GOOD (grape)!!!

Disney Babe
09-25-2007, 02:41 AM
All those pumpkin foods sound good! Maybe they will keep them through November? It sure sound like Blue Ribbon Bakery is the place to go for good treats. I love carmel apple cider!