PDA

View Full Version : Canada film question - fort scene

kathymk616
08-19-2007, 10:29 PM
In the film that ran in the Canadian pavilion, there was a scene in some kind of fort with a military drill that included drums and maybe fifes, and then a shooting demonstration with rifles. Does anyone know where that was filmed?

PS
I know I'm in the minority, but this film was always a highlight for me. I already miss it. :(

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Not sure what that is..

..all I really remember is that the film itself seems to skip right past Manitoba and Saskatchewan :funny:

Chris (a Manitoban) :hatter:

offero
08-20-2007, 07:54 AM
I think it was filmed around Niagara Falls. There are about three forts that do things like that around there and I believe that one looked like the one in the film.

Mickey'sGirl
08-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I am pretty sure it is Fort He (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Henry,_Ontario)nry in Kingston Ontario. I could be wrong though.... There is Fort Erie in the Niagara region... There are several forts that have been assigned as National Parks -- there is also Fort York right in Downtown Toronto -- or the Citadel in Quebec City.

Maleficent's Dad
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I know I'm in the minority, but this film was always a highlight for me. I already miss it. :(
I don't know about the fort, but I agree with you as I already miss the older film.

They had music by Stan Rogers - the Canadian Folk singer who tragically died in the 70's.

scooterca42
08-20-2007, 11:41 AM
And don't forget Fortress Louisbourg in Nova Scotia! I can't wait to see it - 28 days and counting! Woo hoo!

Soon as I see it I'll probably know, but I do know that Fort Henry is probably one of the most often photographed.

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 02:56 PM
It kind of looked like Fort Erie. It is in a town called Niagara-on-the-Lake about 25 miles from Niagara Falls.

dmallan
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
It kind of looked like Fort Erie. It is in a town called Niagara-on-the-Lake about 25 miles from Niagara Falls.

Actually, Fort George is the one in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Fort Erie is in Fort Erie, Ontario.

smeedell
08-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Its Fort Henry in Kingston.

They have drills throughout the day in the summer. The have a large group of people portraying soldiers.

The show consists of canon drills, parade and changing of the gaurds.

brogan54
08-21-2007, 06:29 PM
actually pretty sure that it iss fortress louisbourg in nova scotia canada. have seen the film 6 times and each time we are all sure that is where it is. nut we may be wrong. we have been there a few times as we live in ns. we are looking forward to the new film but will miss the old.
:mickey:

leave in 29 days pop dh and me:number1:

Melanie
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm more confused than ever. :crazy: ;)

Polynesian Dweller
08-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Ok, its not confusing. It is not Louisbourg, they don't have a drill ground like that and besides that's French.

It is Fort Henry. The uniforms are British. Been to both and you cannot confuse them. You are seeing the drill grounds inside the walls of Fort Henry in Kingston. The evening tatoo there is renowned and they also have an afternoon drill as well.

kathymk616
08-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks everyone for the info. I am hoping to visit Canada and I will check out the places you have mentioned! :mickey:

garymacd
08-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Not sure what that is..

..all I really remember is that the film itself seems to skip right past Manitoba and Saskatchewan :funny:

Chris (a Manitoban) :hatter:

Hey Blue Bomber! I think they probably skipped right over Hamilton, too. Probably just as well...

GrmGrninGost
08-24-2007, 01:40 PM
I have no idea which fort it is, but I dearly love the film and the wonderful music! :mickey:

Laughin' place
08-27-2007, 02:51 PM
:hockey:I just posted to a CM, asking if anyone knew where to get the music from the Canada film. I loved the film, and the very memory of that music takes me right back to standing in the cirlcevision theatre....
I am an avid live 365 listener, and havent heard the song there, either. Does anyone have any leads ?

kathymk616
08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I know the closing song is on one of the Disney World compilation albums. See the entry under Wikipedia for "Walt Disney World Resort: The Official Album (1999 CD)". Good luck!:mickey:

2Epcot
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I dearly love the film and the wonderful music! :mickey:

I have also enjoyed the original film, and love the music. I bought one of the early CDs after my first couple of visits. Maybe some of the music will survive the new version of the film.