PDA

View Full Version : Swan and Dolphin

casey@bat
08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Is the transportation from Swan and Dolphin to the theme the same as staying at other Disney resorts like Coronado Springs?

Can you do the dining plan if you stay at the Swan and Dolphin?

Jeff
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Swan and Dolphin both use the regular WDW transportation.

Often the BWI and BC busses are shared with Swan and Dolphin. The same boats that go from Epcot to BWI, Y&BC and MGM also stop at the Swan/Dolphin.

I do not believe the Swan/Dolphin are eligible for the Dinning Plan.

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Swan and Dolphin both use the regular WDW transportation.

Often the BWI and BC busses are shared with Swan and Dolphin. The same boats that go from Epcot to BWI, Y&BC and MGM also stop at the Swan/Dolphin.

I do not believe the Swan/Dolphin are eligible for the Dinning Plan.

you can walk to Epcot or MGM easily. or take the boats. i liked the Swan/Dolphin

disneymom2000
08-20-2007, 10:01 PM
You are right Jeff. They are eligible for Disney transportation but not for the Dining Plan.

decowoman
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Also, eligible for Disney transportation between resorts/theme parks but not eligible for Disney's Magical Express to and from airport.

bkfree
08-22-2007, 01:08 AM
WDW buses the same.
No dining plan and no ME.
We stayed at YC last trip with the Dining plan and will now stay no where else but an Epcot location. We checked out the Swan and Dolphin while we there.
Next trip we are going to stay at the Swan. When I crunched the numbers, the savings on the room at the Swan over the other Epcot resorts more than makes up the difference of not using the Dining plan and ME. We will actually come out a little ahead.

Figment!
08-22-2007, 09:11 AM
When I crunched the numbers, the savings on the room at the Swan over the other Epcot resorts more than makes up the difference of not using the Dining plan and ME. We will actually come out a little ahead. We found the same as well, hence our staying at the Swan on our last two trips. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I love staying at the S&D. You can't beat the location and the Heavenly beds are so comfortable.
They do have their own refillable mugs and you can ship things from the parks back to the gift shop.
But no dining plan and no ME. They do participate in EMHs though.

casey@bat
09-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

KimL
09-06-2007, 01:51 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin over Thanksgiving last year and had lots of problems with the bus system - heard that even though they use the WDW bus system - it is not a priority. We waited over an hour for a bus on several occasions! Also - the Dolphin is a lot nicer than the Swan.

DisneyDudet
09-06-2007, 02:38 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin over Thanksgiving last year and had lots of problems with the bus system - heard that even though they use the WDW bus system - it is not a priority. We waited over an hour for a bus on several occasions! Also - the Dolphin is a lot nicer than the Swan.

You may have had an off time. Since S/D usually share buses with other Epcot parks, except for high times possibly, this may have been an issue during your trip. When we stayed there, we had nothing but rave reviews about the transportation and location.

I'm hoping you just came at a bad time. I remember waiting nearly an hour at WL and FW on different occasions for a bus, so it happens to all resorts and parks.