PDA

View Full Version : Booking multiple rooms with AP

stephntampa
08-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Has anyone tried recently to book more than one room using one AP? I would like to book a second room for some friends (who aren't AP holders) to get the discount, but heard Disney is cracking down on this. Also, what if I wanted to book the second room at a different resort than mine? Could I book a room for my family with my AP, then book a second room with my husbands AP?

Donalds Duckie
08-19-2007, 07:02 PM
I was told last week that AP rate can be applied ONLY to the APholder's room. WDW no longer allows an APholder to book a second room at AP rate.

I booked two rooms for a family trip in April 2008 at AAA rate through MJ. I was told that if AP rates are released for our dates I can apply the AP rate to MY room only, even though I am paying for both rooms and my son and daughter-in-law will be in the other room.

I'm still questioning whether Disney will ultimately allow me to keep my AAA discount for both rooms. If they won't let me have the AP rate for both rooms, I am concerned they won't apply AAA rate to both rooms.

KarenP
08-19-2007, 07:04 PM
You can book one room per each adult AP holder.

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2007, 07:46 PM
You can book one room per each adult AP holder.

1) True.
2) An AP used to be able to get up to 3-rooms.
3) Well, 3-rooms at an AP discount rate.
4) Now, it is one room be adult AP.

NOTE: With the increase bookings, WDW is going back to its roots, and sometimes even further. Why offer discounts if you can sell an item (eg. a room) at full price? Also, you MUST have the AP in-hand at check-in or the room reverts to full rack rate. Showing a voucher is no longer acceptable.

CanadianWDWFan
08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Also, you MUST have the AP in-hand at check-in or the room reverts to full rack rate. Showing a voucher is no longer acceptable.
Well that just stinks. I wonder what they will do for a late night check in? We did that last summer and were allowed to check in with just our voucher.

How can you get your AP pass if all the places to do so are closed?

crazypoohbear
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
What will happen if you have a family of 6, you are an AP holder??
Will you be allowed to book 2 rooms then?
Will you be forced to book in the deluxe accomodations only?

TheRustyScupper
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM
. . . I wonder what they will do for a late night check in? We did that last summer and were allowed to check in with just our voucher . . .

1) You might get a kind/generous CM at the Front Desk.
2) All I can say is what the policy is.
3) Not how it will be enforced by individual CM's.

CanadianWDWFan
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
1) You might get a kind/generous CM at the Front Desk.
2) All I can say is what the policy is.
3) Not how it will be enforced by individual CM's.
Thanks, I was just wondering what would happen if you couldn't get your AP before check in.

pooh0601
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
The CM I spoke to on the phone the other day said that the passholder voucher I have would suffice and that I wouldn't need the actual pass.

Also I booked 2 rooms, for a total of 6 people that will be traveling. The 2 people in 1 room are not passholders, however since I was paying for the room the CM said I would just have to show my AP.

Who knows...guess we will have to wait and see.

Donalds Duckie
08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
The CM I spoke to on the phone the other day said that the passholder voucher I have would suffice and that I wouldn't need the actual pass.

Also I booked 2 rooms, for a total of 6 people that will be traveling. The 2 people in 1 room are not passholders, however since I was paying for the room the CM said I would just have to show my AP.

Who knows...guess we will have to wait and see.

Are you the only annual passholder? If your husband or other adults have an annual passport, that's why you were able to get two rooms.

pooh0601
08-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Are you the only annual passholder? If your husband or other adults have an annual passport, that's why you were able to get two rooms.

We are both passholders, but that information was never told to the CM. Also, both of us are staying in the same room, does that matter? Because they ask who is in which room.

Also...that still doesn't explain why the CM said that the voucher is sufficient in terms of proof for the passholder rate.