PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants full - will parks be too?

newcarsmell
08-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Yesterday, I tried to make reservations a couple of Epcot spots for dinner and they had nothing available (except for 5:00 or earlier). Since we're going in September, I was kind of shocked that nothing was available all night. Isn't this supposed to be a slow time of year? Anyway, do you think they allot a limited number of tables for reservations leaving the rest for walk-ins?

moe513
08-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Free dining is going on from 8/26-9/22. It was a promation offered back in April. Anyway, that why adrs are hard to get. I dont think they leave anything open for walk ins. I ve lots of stories about people being turned away. Try to get adrs at resorts or late lunches or try to eat late.

Speedy1998
08-19-2007, 06:04 PM
September is usually pretty slow, that is why Disney has been doing Free dining in September to try and fill more of the rooms.

My suggestion is that you just try to be flexible with your eating schedule. Try eating a late lunch, the meals at most restaurants are the same, and it gives you a sit down break in the AC during the busiest and hottest time of the day. Remeber central Fla can still be quite hot in Sept.

disneynarula
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
We also had some trouble for September. There seemed to be quite a bit of availability at Olivia's Cafe (Old Key West Resort), Makarresh (Epcot) and the Rose and Crown (Epcot). We were also able to secure a spot at Libertry Tree Inn for lunch.

Try asking for a late or early lunch. Try some of the more obscure resorts. If you have a car sometimes eating at some of the resorts is quieter than the parks.

Keep calling back because people cancel all the time. I call every day trying to eat at Boma!!

eLPack
08-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm returning for the DDP once again this year and from prior experience I decided to make all of my ADRs for lunch rather than dinner. I had no problem getting anything I wanted. Since I go solo, it usually isn't a major problem if I want to go somewhere spur of the moment - but with the free DDP - it makes sense to plan ahead as places do tend to be very busy in the evening. While those places are packed, I'll eat counter service.

I'm also limited in the amount of food I can eat at any given time - so if the portions are smaller at lunch, its less food I've not eaten.:mickey:

hooberry
08-19-2007, 08:41 PM
:mickey:sorry ,but with free dining going on it is almost impossible to get dinner reservations anywhere. I made my ADR's 180 days out because after doing this for so many years i've learned to make them early. Last year I tried to book in June for sept and had a difficult time. sadly for those who do not know about making ADR'S in advance they will have a hard time finding anything. I've heard they may accept some walk ups, but don't count on it. Try getting lunch reservations or out of the parks, the resorts or downtown area may have some avalibility, although leaving to eat is a pain.Good luck:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Every year the crowds become larger, and there's no expection then off season. I'm surprised that there are even ADRs for anything for August and September. Most people have made theirs at exactly 180 days out. If you wait until 90, 60, or even 30 days out, most people get frustrated that they waited too long to start their planning. I would call 407-WDW-DINE and take ANY ADRs available. Eat around 4-5pm, so you can beat the dinner crowds. DH and I didn't make any ADRs on our last trip, but we beat they crowds, and were able to get seatings for eating lunch around 11am, and eating an early dinner around 4pm.