PDA

View Full Version : Driving from the airport to Pop

disneykat
08-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, I was able to book a flight for our upcoming trip cheaper than we can drive so I did it. We've always used Magical Express but this time we are renting a car. I am using one of the companies that are actually at the airport. My question is, how long will it take us to drive from MCO to Pop? I've been told that there are a few toll roads so I'll make sure I have plenty of change. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

12 Days to Pop!!:mickey:

faline
08-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Depending on time of day and traffic, I seem to recall it takes about 45 minutes or so.

Speedy1998
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
If you catch traffic right, it can be done in about 30 min. To be on the safe side I would plan an hour though.

Stan
08-19-2007, 06:33 PM
You'll be less likely to encounter delays if you take the south airport exit and SR417 (the Greeneway). Plus it's a more pleasant drive anyway. Exit Osceola Parkway (exit marked Magic Kingdom) and Pop is very easy to get to from that side. :)

How long it might take you to get out of the airport is a whole other question... :blush:

caryrae
08-19-2007, 06:45 PM
If I punch in the Orlando airport to POP on my gps, it says it's about 22 miles and 26 minutes but the gps can't take into account traffic, traffic lights, ect so I would add 10 minutes or so to the 26 minute the gps says. So maybe 35 to 40 minutes.

I also agree with stan about the south exit.

disneykat
08-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks so much for all of your help! I'm looking forward to having a car and not having to drive 14 hours to get there! :mickey:

Piglet822
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
SR 417 South (South exit) to exit 3. You will need 2 quarters for the toll on this ramp (there are two more tolls on 417 itself but those booths are manned. STAY OUT OF THE E-PASS LANE!!!!!!!!!!)

Take a right off the exit, this puts you right on Osceola Parkway. Stay on this until you come to the WDW arch. Look to the right, you'll get your first glimpse of your resort :thumbsup:

At the next traffic light make a right. This is Victory Way. You'll come to another traffic light, this is the entrance to Pop Century :yay:

You will need to show photo ID at the guard shack so be prepared.

Have a great time at WDW :mickey: