PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Caribbean Beach Resort

newcarsmell
08-19-2007, 01:37 PM
We just booked a room at CBR and after viewing an arial photo, realized how close it is to Epcot. Is there a walking path from the resort to the park if we didn't feel like taking the bus?

medic9016
08-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I just took a look on google earth. I did not see a walk way to the international gateway. I think the walk is a lot longer than it looks.

Horizon93
08-19-2007, 03:37 PM
There is no walkway. Th resort is in a great location, though. It is a short bus ride to Epcot and an incredibly short bus ride to the Studios.

Enjoy CBR!

Darbylew
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
There is no walk to any of the parks from CBR.
It is a very nice resort. It is very colorful and
the grounds are real pretty. I think you will be
very pleased with this resort. You can take the
bus to all the parks. Have a great time. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :D

CanadianWDWFan
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
The only resorts that you can walk to Epcot from is The Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club and the Swan and Dolphin Hotels.

It is a great resort for short bus trips to MGM and Epcot.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

DDuck66
08-20-2007, 11:04 AM
We have stayed there several times and you cannot walk to the Parks..but if you have your car, you can drive across the street to the Boardwalk and get to EPCOT from there. Sometimes we will eat dinner at the ESPN Club and then walk or take the boat to EPCOT for Illuminations.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Welcome aboard, Newcarsmell....that name cracked me up. Can you tell us about that? You are going to love the Caribbean Beach! We're headed that way soon, too, and can't wait. It is beautiful!! Have fun here on Intercot!:wave:

moe513
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Cbr is beautiful. I love all the tropical colors.

CleveRocks
08-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, if you promise you won't tell anyone ....:secret:

Start out at Aruba, Buidling 56. Walk across the parking lot and the grass, then walk across Buena Vista Drive.

Once across the street, cross a grassy field and some marshland. If the snipers and the land mines don't get you, scale the fence and then scale the wall (still watch out for those snipers!), and when you jump to the other side of the wall you'll find youself backstage in World Showcase, behind and between Italy and Germany.

But I don't think the legal bills are worth it ....;)

CBR is across the street from World Showcase, but you can't walk from CBR to Epcot. And there's no parking at the International Gateway entrance (in case you wanted to try a slightly shorter drive than going around to the front of the park). WDW didn't design their streets to be safe for foot traffic.

Cinderelley
08-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, if you promise you won't tell anyone ....:secret:

Start out at Aruba, Buidling 56. Walk across the parking lot and the grass, then walk across Buena Vista Drive.

Once across the street, cross a grassy field and some marshland. If the snipers and the land mines don't get you, scale the fence and then scale the wall (still watch out for those snipers!), and when you jump to the other side of the wall you'll find youself backstage in World Showcase, behind and between Italy and Germany.

You forgot about watching for the 'gators.

newcarsmell
08-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks all for your kind replies. I guess I'll get all my walking done within the resort and take the bus to Epcot. As for my username, I just tried to think of something pleasant and that's the first thing that came to mind!