PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tree Tavern

julyjewel
08-19-2007, 11:14 AM
My husband and I are going to WDW next Dec. for our 10 yr anniversary. Is character dining nice when it is just a couple as opposed to having kids with you. I would like to go to the character dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Let me know.

Also, since I am new, What is Spoodles? What type of food do they have?:mickey:

Jeff
08-19-2007, 11:18 AM
First - welcome to Intercot.

I have never done a character meal w/o kids so can't help you there.

Check the Menu (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) section of "Info Central" here on I'cot for Spoodles info. My family loves Spoodles!:thumbsup:

DisneyCouture
08-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Absolutely!!! My husband and I ate at Liberty Tavern on our anniversary last year. It was so much fun and the staff was so nice. They had a heart on the table done up with Mickey shaped glitter. We had a real good time. Go for it and enjoy!

tiaramom
08-19-2007, 12:45 PM
I find that the Liberty Tavern is truely an amazing Character experience for a couple.
This is a very laid back warm restaurant.
(Colonial in design ). The characters are even dressed in the time period. The food is fab.
Its liek Thanksgiving - even better!
Its perfect fro adults- I have seen many many many adults without kids here. Its a perfect selection for just that. Kids are here- be aware-
I take my toddler!!! LOL
Great Quality foods!!!!!!

Polynesian Dweller
08-19-2007, 01:20 PM
We are also a couple w/o kids (not at this age) and in general we find the character meals a little too hectic for us. Because they are so populated with the little one's its a little noisy for us and sometimes the characters are a bit too zealous about interacting, interupting the meal at the moments you don't want it. At the same time, its kind of fun to see the real little one's beaming away at Pooh or Mickey and the others. That can be fun.

If you can won't be bothered by the noise and the characters go for it. It would be fun. If not, it could be unpleasant.

Spoodles is at Boardwalk and could broadly be called a Mediterranean food restaurant. Shrimp, clamari, kabobs, that sort of thing.

IloveDisney71
08-19-2007, 01:24 PM
My husband and I ate there without our kids and had a great time. The characters posed for pictures with us just like they did at tables with kids. We had a great time! The food is great and it's a great way to get some memorable pictures for you two to look back on.:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
DH and I don't have children and we attend the CM all the time. We got at least the Crystal Palace twice for breakfast, but this year we're also adding CRT. Just book your ADR at 180 days exactly to make sure you get the ADR you want without an issue.

faline
08-19-2007, 03:48 PM
My husband and I have done several character meals and have had a great time posing for pictures with the various characters! By all means, go as a couple!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
This is one of our "must do's" when we go to WDW. The food has always been very good. They really do make you feel special if you're celebrating an occasion. We celebrated my husband's birthday at Liberty Tavern last year. :birthday: :cake: They sprinkled the table with mickey birthday confetti. Some of the main characters are here: Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. Goofy was especially playful with the boys. He held their autograph pen way above their heads after he signed their autograph books. He made them jump up in the air to try to get it back. :goofy: I definitely recommend this restaurant.

moe513
08-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes, go without kids. I would try cp for breakfast too. The ltt has great food. Its a simple menu but very well done.