PDA

View Full Version : Help! Huge savings or A big mess?

mouseketeer mom
08-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Sooo..we are all booked for Poly lagoonview club level for our Nov. trip. Playing around with the fall discount I realize we can get standard view Beach Club or water view Yacht club with dining and tickets for about $2,000 less then what we are paying for the Poly. We don't have dining or our 9 days of park hoppers on our package now. Wow. Thats huge. We have all of our ADR's booked around the Poly, and the fact that would be our home base. This is Thanksgiving week. We love the Poly. But the savings are HUGE. What to do? Please help. We have stayed Beach Club before, never Yacht club. And if we switched..would it be better to do standard view at BC or water at YC? What about ALL of the PLANNING I already did???? Help!

Donalds Duckie
08-19-2007, 10:05 AM
As always, it's personal preference and you'll get many many different suggestions about what to do. So, I'll just share MY personal thoughts.

For me, $2,000, is a tremendous savings. And, I've stayed at YC with a water view and loved it. So, for me it would be a no-brainer, I'd move to YC water view and save the $$$. Almost every room at YC has a balcony or patio, not the same balcony to room ratio at BC.

As far as the plans you've already made, why not just keep them as they are? Will it really be that difficult to keep the dining as it is just because you are staying at YC instead of Poly? Let's say you have a breakfast ADR at CR or Poly. Just take the bus, car, from YC to Poly or CR for breakfast. With the $$$ you saved you could even afford to take a cab or two to make an ADR.

I still dine at Kona Cafe and Ohana's or even when I stay at resorts other than The Poly.

Now, remember everyone, this is just MY personal opinion. It's just what I would do in this situation.

Good luck with your decision. I'm sure many others will be along with their personal opinions.

robyn221
08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
They're all wonderful hotels, but $2,000 buys a lot of souvenirs.

That's my :twocents:.

carley
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
$2000 is a real good payment towards ANOTHER disney vacation ...id save the money and think about my next vacation

mrsgaribaldi
08-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I say call right away and see if it's still available. It might not be and then you don't have to debate it. I love the Poly, I stayed there once and I wish we could always stay there:thumbsup::mickey:Good luck;)

gardenia
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
For me $2000 means a second trip to WDW would be possible! Of course we live in Florida so it's a little easier...

But we love both the Poly and the Epcot resorts. When we book an Epcot resort, we always plan a dining & shopping & arcade visit to the Poly, so we can get a dose of the Polynesian magic too. When we book the Poly, we always plan a similar visit to the Boardwalk/YC/BC area.

dephenn
08-19-2007, 10:47 AM
I would save the money. With the Poly you can take the rail to epcot and MK, two parks. If you stay at either of your other options you can walk to Epoct or Hollywood Disney, two parks, an even trade. Save the money, and take another trip.

Sunshine1010
08-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I'd miss the Poly.....but TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS ?????

That's another week in Disney at a value resort, a 4-5 day trip at the Poly garden view.....etc., etc.

You may miss the Poly....but you won't miss the Poly on your SECOND visit!!!!!

Whichever decision you make, ....you may second-guess yourself. Try not to do that....have fun.

mook3y
08-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I'd miss the Poly.....but TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS ?????

That's another week in Disney at a value resort, a 4-5 day trip at the Poly garden view.....etc., etc.

You may miss the Poly....but you won't miss the Poly on your SECOND visit!!!!!

Whichever decision you make, ....you may second-guess yourself. Try not to do that....have fun.

Well put! 2,000 is quite a difference!

moe513
08-19-2007, 11:43 AM
2000 is a lot of money and the bc/yc is a great location. Next trip we are staying at the yc and going to the poly 3 times for adrs. Your dining should not have a big impact on your resort your staying in. Its hard to get from resort to resort so we take a taxi if time is an issue. Doesn't cost alot and is a time saver.

hubbyofadisneyholic
08-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow...we love the POLY, but to save $2000 and still be staying in a very nice resort...got to make the move in my opinion. :thumbsup:

And as others have said, no matter what you decide don't 2nd guess yourself...ENJOY!!!

Jen C.
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Everyone keeps referring to the $2000.00

It's more than that!! With the Poly, OP has no tickets or dining. With the YC or BC she would have both in addition to the $2000.00 The actual difference is problaby closer to $3500, if not $4000.

Book YC!

Here we go again...
08-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Everyone keeps referring to the $2000.00

It's more than that!! With the Poly, OP has no tickets or dining. With the YC or BC she would have both in addition to the $2000.00 The actual difference is problaby closer to $3500, if not $4000.

Book YC!

Yep, this is what I was getting ready to post.
Save that money and keep your reservations the way they are!
You were not planning to stay in your room all of the time any way, so you would be traveling from the parks to make your dining reservations anyway. That will not change.
The only thing that might be different is breakfast reservations at Kona or something... like another poster said, take a cab with the money you saved!!

mouseketeer mom
08-19-2007, 10:24 PM
New development. I've been outnumbered and no one in my family wants to surrender the Poly for good. We are thinking a split stay would serve us well instead...the package special for the first 3 nites at the GF or CR..with our tickets on that. Then a room only at the Poly for the last 5 nites, in our lagoon view concierge that we have booked. Our ADR's would all flow with this change also, AND there is a $1200 savings to boot. (a little less if we chose the GF)..so thats where were at. So which one? The CR would be a tower MK view or Bay lake view. The GF would be sugar loaf. We are easy breezy, we like to feel comfy where we are, not uncomfortable. Which one?:confused: We haven't stayed at either before..it would be just for 3 nites at the start of our trip.

Jen C.
08-20-2007, 08:21 AM
We thoroughly enjoyed the CR. I also like GF. Tough choice. I'm 50/50 there. The GF does have the better pool, and CR is undergoing some rehab on their concourse level.

This thread has made me very excited to return to the Poly in 9 days. My last trip there I liked it, but did not love it. We were only there 3 nights, and found out my Grandfather died back home during our stay. Also, it was during the before/during the rehab. So, I'm giving it another shot, in hopes we will love it as much as your family must! That's a lot of $$ to stay so loyal to the place!!:)