PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase counter service/snacks

traceyo1
08-19-2007, 08:42 AM
We are on the Disney Dining Plan for our trip in mid December. We will spending the the day at EPCOT during evening extra magic hours. Never been to the World Showcase. We have dinner reservations for Coral Reef at 4:30. We wanted to use some of our counter service or snack meals it the WS to sample some the the fare. What is your can't miss items? Also, do you know if they have anything for breakfast that is CS or snacks?:eat:

Terra
08-19-2007, 09:15 AM
As far as breakfast CS....there is the Electric Umbrella in Future World! They have good breakfast. There is also the pastry/coffee shop in FW as well [for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. But it's directly across from Mousegear on the opposite side of the fountain!

for WS CS we love Japan, Mexico, French Pastry Shop and China!!!

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

IC10
08-19-2007, 09:38 AM
We loved Tangierine Cafe in Morocco for CS and of course School Bread in Norway for a snack!!!

RockChalkKimball
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
My favorite counter service in WS is the fish and chips in the UK. There is a great little English garden across from it that is a nice quiet place to enjoy your food.

disneynarula
08-19-2007, 06:38 PM
I love the pastries in Norway as snack. My favorite CS meal are... Lotus Blossom Cafe and the Cantina De San Angel.

Crow
08-19-2007, 06:55 PM
schoolbread in Norway
Lotus Blossom
and not on the snack plan but:marg::beer:and slushies

mickey-mouse35
08-19-2007, 10:48 PM
What exactly is schoolbread? Have heard so much about it! :mickey:

Natazu
08-20-2007, 03:07 AM
WS CS Can't miss items... Hmmm. There's got to be a Top-7 for this around here somewhere. Wow, no luck. I figured there had to be one. Let me put some thought into it...

[time passes]

Jym’s Top-7 Best CS Items at Epcot:
7. Tempura Shrimp Udon (Yakitori)
6. Orange Chicken (Lotus Blossom)
5. Asian Combos (Sunshine Seasons)
4. Turkey and Muenster Cheese on Foccacia (Sunshine Seasons)
3. Fish & Chips (Harry Ramsden's)
2. Wet Burrito (Cantina De San Angel)
1. Shawarma Combo Platter (Tangierine Café)

magicofdisney
08-20-2007, 09:17 AM
WS CS Can't miss items... Hmmm. There's got to be a Top-7 for this around here somewhere. Wow, no luck. I figured there had to be one. Let me put some thought into it...

[time passes]

Jym’s Top-7 Best CS Items at Epcot:
7. Tempura Shrimp Udon (Yakitori)
6. Orange Chicken (Lotus Blossom)
5. Asian Combos (Sunshine Seasons)
4. Turkey and Muenster Cheese on Foccacia (Sunshine Seasons)
3. Fish & Chips (Harry Ramsden's)
2. Wet Burrito (Cantina De San Angel)
1. Shawarma Combo Platter (Tangierine Café)

LOVE #4 and #2. :mickey:

Figgyluv03
08-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I love Lotus Blossom Cafe!!! I'm also looking forward to trying school bread. I hear so many great things about it.

ojeilatan
08-20-2007, 01:14 PM
The bakery in France is to die for!:cloud9: They have something for everyone. For a quick lunch, we ate at the burrito/taco place across from the main building of the Mexico pavillion. It was fast, and quite good! Like a few others on here, I'd also reccomend the Electric Umbrella in Future World. :thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-20-2007, 01:24 PM
The bakery in France is our must do! I know it's bad and not healthy, but usually we'll grab a pastry in France for our breakfast on our Epcot day. :blush:

The CS in China is really good too!

magicofdisney
08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
The bakery in France is our must do! I know it's bad and not healthy, but usually we'll grab a pastry in France for our breakfast on our Epcot day. :blush:

The CS in China is really good too!
Does the bakery open before the rest of WS, at 11:00? This sounds like a great idea, but I don't think we can wait that long for breakfast. :mickey:

bleukarma
08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Does the bakery open before the rest of WS, at 11:00? This sounds like a great idea, but I don't think we can wait that long for breakfast. :mickey:

No :( We usually wait it out, most of my family aren't breakfast eaters. Unless we are going with kids then we hold out until the bakery in France is open. Again, not the healthiest thing to do, but we love it!!