PDA

View Full Version : Marekesh

mook3y
08-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi, we are trying Marekesh for the first time this year. We will have our DD3 DS5.

Would love to hear reviews of the restaurant and how others with little ones fared. :)

thanks

Jeff
08-19-2007, 08:09 AM
I've never been with little ones but it is one of our favorite restaurants. My teenage daughter loves it. They have some excellent selections. We are always amazed that this place isn't more "in demand". In our book it beats most of the other Epcot restaurants by far.

Make sure you check out the menu section and the food picture (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/foodphotos/default.asp) sections on Info Central.:thumbsup:

IC10
08-19-2007, 09:39 AM
We loved it and we went with a DD10 at the time. The kids selections were amazing and the service was great we also agree we are surprised it is not more popular!

Polynesian Dweller
08-19-2007, 11:33 AM
I think this one is a matter of trying and seeing if it fits your tastes. When we went we enjoyed the food and the service was great so we understand why lots of folks love it. For us, it was one of the presonal preference things where it didn't quite do it for us. Not disappointed or unhappy, not just quite whatever gives us that sense of something we want to make a must return.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed, its worth a try. And, who knows, it may turn out to your kind of place. Hope you have a great time. :mickey:

moe513
08-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Great atmosphere but we didnt like the food. Very plain. The desserts are very weak.

Mickey'sGirl
08-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Marrakesh is a family favourite of ours. DS9 and DS3 have always eaten well there. I disagree with Moe513 about the food being plain (maybe it was what he ordered?) -- but the Lamb shanks and couscous are really lovely! :thumbsup: The kids usually get the pasta, and try some of our main courses.... and they LOVE the belly dancer and musicians.

Clotho
08-19-2007, 03:00 PM
It's always funny to me to hear "bland" as a complaint about Marrakesh. But not every restaurant has 100% every day. Maybe some get underseasoned, or maybe there is a collection of dishes which are not very spiced on purpose, for people who can't handle spiciness and want some options? I don't know. All I know is that the meal we had there was delicious. As a bellydancer, I have had my share of Middle Eastern restaurants, sampling many many dishes. And I found Marrakesh to be delicious and on par with some of the most balanced and delicious meals I have had in this genre. Give it a try!:thumbsup:

RAIDER
08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Its my favourite restaurant out of all the epcot ones :thumbsup:. The atmosphere ,the choices of dishes and the service has always been 10 out of ten