PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Dining Plan

AlvyOT08
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Hey Everyone,
I just booked my trip with my best friend for January. It's our early college granduation present!!! We added the deluxed dining plan, but I'm still very confused about what all it includes. I know we get a table service, and a quick service, and 2 snacks, but what about breakfast, what does that fall under? Now i'm wondering if we made a big mistake. It seemed like a good idea, because then we can go to lots of character breakfasts and have the whole tripped paid for before we go. Please let me know how this whole new plan works. Thanks a bunch!! :mickey:

shan-ash
08-18-2007, 06:31 PM
The delx plan gives you 3 meals a night. The meals can all be table service or a combination of counter and table service. Also, 2 snacks per night.

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes, with the Deluxe Dining plan you get 3 meals a day to be used as you wish, TS, CS or room service. You could do 3 TS meals some days if you wish. And, unlike the basic dining plan, Narcoosees, California Grill, Coral Reef, Citricos, etc. and room service use only one TS credit. The appetizer is still included in TS meals on deluxe plan. You also get 2 snacks per day.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
And, unlike the basic dining plan, Narcoosees, California Grill, Coral Reef, Citricos, etc. and room service use only one TS credit.
Is this true? Even under the 2008 rules?

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Is this true? Even under the 2008 rules?

Yes, this is true for the DELUXE dining plan. The BASIC dining plan still requires 2 TS for Signature Dining.

Hammer
08-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Yes, this is true for the DELUXE dining plan. The BASIC dining plan still requires 2 TS for Signature Dining.

Actually, the Deluxe Dining Plan treats signature restaurants the same way as the Basic Dining Plan, From the link to the WDW literature ( you can read everything by going to the sticy thread in Accommodations).

Two meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant will be redeemed from your meal plan balance.
The Disney Deluxe Dining Plan is unavailable for Guests under the age of 3, but they may share from an adult plate at no charge or purchase
a meal from the menu. Guests ages 3-9 must order from a children’s menu where available. Advance reservations are strongly recommended. Gratuities are not included. Dress Code for Signature Restaurants is Business Casual. Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimsuits or swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, or torn clothing of any kind.

AlvyOT08
08-18-2007, 10:25 PM
thanks guys so much for answering this information. my friend and i are planning to go to tons of character breakfasts and then have really nice dinners. your input is very much appreciated. i don't know what i would do without you guys. :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
1) With only a couple of changes, the "Deluxe" DDP plan is the "MYW Premium" plan.
2) It was just repackaged and renamed.
3) The old program wasn't selling well in the past.
4) If you eat a lot, the program could be good for you.
5) Otherwise, you can't eat enough to make it justifiable.

Donalds Duckie
08-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I stand corrected.:mickey: Thanks much for pointing out the signature dining feature to 2008 Deluxe plan. I went to wdw dot com and scrolled down to the bottom of the dining plan and there it was! I didn't read that far down the page last week, lol.

Rusty Scupper makes a good point. It's worth it for some, not for others. It would be worth it for us. Not because we eat a lot but because we enjoy Disney signature dining. We always have 2, and sometimes 3, TS per day. Signature dining would use 2 TS and we' use 1 TS for breakfast, etc. But, I have an AP and DDE until May 25, 2008.

We did the Premium Package in 2001 and 2002 and we loved it! We liked having recreation and meals included and we did come out ahead between dining and recreating.:cool:

Thanks again!

anewvision
08-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I love the DDP (i would never buy it, can't eat
that much in 2 days). But it keeps the ones on
it preoccupied at least 3 hours a day. So they
are not in my way.

next trips
9-2007 ASMu
10-2007 ASMu running 13k race at MGM
12-2007 AKL

with over 40 stays on property in the last 6
years

vamaggie
08-19-2007, 09:51 AM
thanks guys so much for answering this information. my friend and i are planning to go to tons of character breakfasts and then have really nice dinners. your input is very much appreciated. i don't know what i would do without you guys. :mickey:

If you have not already done so (and are w/in your 180 days) call and book your ADRs now. Especially if you want to do a lot of TS and signature meals, make sure you get your ADRs early so you can get most of what you want and get the most out of your dining plan benefits.

TheRustyScupper
08-19-2007, 10:52 AM
. . . We did the Premium Package in 2001 and 2002 and we loved it! We liked having recreation and meals included and we did come out ahead between dining and recreating . . .

1) The Platinum Plan is pretty expensive.
2) Most people NEVER get close to getting full value.
3) Donald's Duckie seems to have done it correctly.
. . . use as much recreation as possible
. . . eat at very expensive places (eg. V&A nightly)
. . . go to very few parks during that trip
. . . use the spa a lot