PDA

View Full Version : Mousekeeping tip envelopes or creative ideas

LuckyMum22
08-18-2007, 05:25 PM
I was wondering how everyone leaves a tip for mousekeeping. In the past, I have taken a piece of card stock colored paper and wrote "thank you mousekeeping" on it and then taped gold $1 coins on it. Usually leaving $4 according to the custom of $1/ person in the room.
One time mousekeeping did not take it. I don't know if they missed it or just didn't know it was for them. Maybe I'm getting too fancy!
I feel like it should be labeled or they won't pick it up. We have left change on the table and they just clean around it.
I'm interested in what other people do for mousekeeping.
Thanks!

Pipalotta
08-18-2007, 05:28 PM
We make an envelope and each morning we leave it in the sink that way it can not be mistaken for anything else.

RockChalkKimball
08-18-2007, 06:26 PM
There is usually a little "tent" card on the counter above the sinks that has your mousekeepers name on it. We always put our tip under that and it was always taken. However, I love the idea of the envelopes! I am going to make some for my Dec/Jan. trip. I got some really cool Disney stickers in the mail, so I can use them. I have also heard of people bringing along some little token item from their hometown or state to go along with the tip. I am going to try and find something like that to take next time, also.

ariel03
08-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm going to bring up an old post topic I read here before. Someone said that mousekeeping is not supposed to be tipped. It keeps them from doing a better job in one room then anouther that did not tip.Keeps it fair. Not sure if they are supposed to take the tip or not but we all know they do take it.

I found the old thread:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102533&highlight=tipping+mousekeeping

bkfree
08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
We always tip at WDW and every other hotel we stay it. NO different from tipping other service industry workers, like a waitress, cab driver etc. Quality control is the job of management, noT me.
I always buy small colorful bags at the craft store and decorate the outside with stickers and a saying such"Thanks for cleaning our castle" or "You make us feel like royalty" or "I'm telling the Mouse about you" or "Cleanliness is next to Mousliness""...you get the picture.
At the top of the sack is "To Our Housekeeper".We place it on the pillow of the unmade bed.. They always get it.
I take one for each day we are there. I usually put a $5 bill and a small token gift such as sample items from Bath and Body, Post it notes,Magnet from our hometown or state etc.
We always get exemplary service, towels animals each day, kids toys stage artfully etc.
I think of ourselves as Honorary CM's and it is a great way to show my kids how to be appreciative and thankful for all types of work and every job someone does for us.

Bethanymouse
08-19-2007, 12:27 AM
We always tip Mousekeeping. In fact I make special printouts every trip and write "Thank you Mousekeeping" on them. I find that they tips are appreciated and they never forget to take it!

Mom2princesses
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
I just buy smaller envelopes and I have my two girls decorate them with stickers.

Then I write a message thanking them. The girls love to help make them.

r4kids
08-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I also tip Mousekeeping but this year we are staying in a DVC trade in. I think we only get Mousekeeping once while there. How much should I tip for this? It is a 2 bedroom in OKW. I also don't know when they would come. Meaning in the beginning,middle, or at the end of the week? 33 days!!!!!!!!!!