PDA

View Full Version : POR December trip...

simp95
08-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I will start by saying I know this has been discussed many many times but, I wanted to get some advice for our specific situation.

We (2 adults, 2 children) are going in mid December this year. We are debating between POR and POFQ. We have been leaning towards POR, but are worried about the size and buses.

1. For our dates, is it going to be busy enough to worry about the buses?
2. Does POR and POFQ split buses (each have own) on busy days to MK?
3. If you do suggest POR, would you recommend AB or MB rooms (trundle is
not important)?
4. Is it that far of a walk to POR from POFQ?
5. Are there refrigerators in all rooms at both resorts?

We are so excited about going (first time)... any thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Zimkeeper
08-18-2007, 04:55 PM
We have stayed at both POR & POFQ and we prefer POR. It is more spread out than POFQ so we feel like it is less crowded even though it is much larger. I believe the two resorts share the buses, but POFQ has only one bus stop so it does not take a great deal of time. The one thing we liked better at POFQ was being picked up and dropped off first.
It is a short walk between the two resorts and very enjoyable.
The other thing we prefer at POR are the quiet pools. It always seemed that we could find a quiet spot at one of the quiet pools no matter how busy the main pool was. At POFQ, there is only one pool, and while it is very nice, it was always too crowded for us.
We prefer the Mansion section, very romantic, but the AB may appeal to the kids. It is more rustic.
I don't think there were refrigerators in the rooms when we stayed, but I understand that they are now standard in all Moderate rooms.
Whichever one you choose, you will love it. Both are amazing. We will be at POR the week before Christmas. Have a great trip.

Minniemouse27
08-18-2007, 05:49 PM
We are going to be staying at POR the first week of December.

Dh and I preferred the look of the AB section over both the Mansions and POFQ.

Can't answer any of the questions because we haven't been there yet!