PDA

View Full Version : POP Shampoo

AllDisney
08-18-2007, 01:16 PM
We need to purchase shampoo & cream rinse for our weeks stay. The products that are supplied in the rooms at POP tend to dry our hair out and we end up with LOTS of tangles.

Should I purchase these products at the airport or be able to purchase them at POP? We don't need the expensive stuff, by any means, just stuff that will eliminate pulling our hair out each time we comb our hair out.

Thanks for any help you can supply!

Lacy
08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I would just pack shampoo from home in your checked bag. If that doesn't work, the airport may have more options than the hotel gift shop but I can't say for sure. I've never bought shampoo at the resorts.

Vintage Disney
08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I also pack my shampoo and conditioner in my checked luggage. I put 2 pieces of tape over the tops so the top can't pop open and then I put both bottles in a plastic baggy to make sure no spills occur. I have flown a number of times using this method and have had no problems yet.:fingers:

AllDisney
08-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I forgot to mention that we have ONLY carry on luggage. We are traveling as light as possible this trip:mickey:

disneydeb
08-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Gift shops don't carry a large stock of shampoo and conditioner. You might want to call the airport ahead and see if your favorite brand is available for purchase if that is a consideration or how about Garden Grocer? Could they have what you need and is that a possibility? Would you have it shipped to your resort from your home?
Have a great trip! Let us know what you decide and how it turns out for you.

NLODisney
08-18-2007, 07:24 PM
You can each take 3 ounces of shampoo and conditioner in your carry on bags as long as it is in a quart zip lock bag. If you don't have small bottles of them you can but the small travel size bottles empty at Wal-Mart or many other places and fill them at home. Just label them and you will be ok. I travel alot and try only to do carry on bags. You'd be surprised at how many 3 ounce bottles of liquids you are able to fit in a quart size ziplock bag.

crazypoohbear
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
If you can each do a couple of 3oz shampoo and conditioner you should be all set. That would be 6 or 9 oz. each about the same size as a regular bottle :)
If not maybe you could mail it to yourself at the resort.

Seasonscraps
08-20-2007, 06:41 AM
If you will have a car or plan to do some off site grocery shopping, I would pick up shampoo/conditioner there. If not, I would just get it at the resort. I'd take a 3 oz container on the plane since it won't have to be the first thing to do when I get to the hotel.

Piglet822
08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I'd like to make a completely different suggestion, if I may.

At Basin, in DD, they have solid "bars" of shampoo and conditioner. They are round, take up a minimal amount of space, and they last quite a long time. I bought one and I love it!! You lather it up just like a bar of soap but it's shampoo!

LoriMistress
08-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I would pack travel size shampoos and conditioners that you prefer beforehand. I would either go to Wal-greens, Target, Rite-Aid, etc.

January-2007
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I would bring the travel sized shampoo and cream rinse with you in your quart sized bag so you know you'll have it and not have to worry about it once you get there. Basin only sells shampoo bars, they don't sell conditioner, at least that's what they told us when I asked while there in June. I have to use a certain brand of conditioner or else my hair tangles terribly so I always make sure to bring that from home. The Basin shampoo is amazing though, and since it's solid like a bar of soap it travels well. So you could just bring your cream rinse of choice and then get that shampoo. So many options! Happy planning. :mickey:

mttafire
08-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I know what you mean..We always buy the travel size stuff at Wal Mart and take our own. I guess that Disney hotels has "ok" shampoo but it isnt that great.