PDA

View Full Version : Dessert boxes for Fantasmic Riverside Seating

BklynChick
08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Can anyone who has done this recently tell me what you get in this dessert box? I'm trying to figure out where to eat on Sunday night and if we're having a big dessert at the show, that will factor in.

NotaGeek
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
This is served as a full-on dessert buffet extravaganza! Lots of choices including an amazing chocolate cake, and a cheese platter that is to DIE for! There's also drinks, but I can't remember other than hot chocolate!

jray21
08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
The best would be to call. On three different "disney" sights I found a total of 3 Fantasmic packages available and each site had different ones. One is for the balcony over Pirates, second is in the middle of the walkway in front of Rivers of America and the third one is in front of the light tower closest to Haunted Mansion. I think the third one is what you are referring to. Some websites mentioned all three, another just one and two and another mentioned only 1 & 3. I found a review at another site and they said in the box is, "Our box contained a chocolate truffle, a chewy nut confection, a fruit tart pastry, two chocolate- covered strawberries, and assorted cookies." I have also read that this third location is a dessert buffet and one said it was a box. So with all this confusion call and let us know what they say.

tinkwest
08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
FYI, The dessert buffet was served at the Disney Gallery seating, which is no longer open.

NotaGeek
08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
FYI, The dessert buffet was served at the Disney Gallery seating, which is no longer open.

UGH. Even more reason to mourn the loss of the Balcony Seating. :(

ChipnDaleGal
08-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I was just in Disneyland last month and we were lucky enough to be among the last people that were able to do the full on dessert spread on the balcony. But when I initially called in to reserve that balcony seating, it was not available, and I had to take the River seating with the dessert box. The cast member on the phone told me that the box would contain 3 desserts. I have no idea how big they are or which ones would be in the box. As it turns out the balcony did open up for our night and we didn't do the dessert box thing. Maybe if you called into their Guest services they might be able to give you a little more detailed info on the dessert box.