PDA

View Full Version : Switch CBR to CSR???

streudel423
08-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok...I've been stressing waaaay too much about this! lol.

We are scheduled to stay at CBR the first week of Dec (2-9). I'm really scared because I've been hearing that this year Pop Warner people will be staying at CBR, unlike the past years. Should we switch from CBR to CSR? I just don't want to have a miserable time at CBR if Pop Warner people are there. I've never been to Disney during this week, but alot of people on here make it sound like if you are at a resort with them, it is terrible! :confused:

We've got to make a decision soon so we can notify out travel agent. Any info would be great! thanks!!

LauraF
08-18-2007, 02:38 PM
It'll be okay! :hugs:

The question to ask would be how much time do you plan to spend at the hotel? Are you a "it's just a place to sleep and shower" type or "I spend all my free time here" type? If you're going to be at the resort you will run into them more. They tend to split up at the parks.

However my parents went last year during POP week and complained the about how noisy the kids were on the rides and not at the hotel, so it may depend on your perspective.

Don't let them ruin your vacation. They're just a bunch of loud teenagers.

mickeys_princess_mom
08-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi, and welcome to Intercot! I was offered an upgrade to Coronado Springs the same week in December first, but was going to opt to stay at Pop, just because I'm not crazy about the CS.....Then I was offered one at Caribbean Beach, and I jumped at it because I DO love it! Absolutely beautiful--I think you will be very happy. Of course that's just my personal taste, but I dont' think Pop Warner crowd is going to be too bad there, from what I hear. Plus it's spread out enough that you won't be smothered. I used to take Dance Teams to competitions at WDW, but we were so busy that the only time people were really aware of us was late in the evening when we practiced a little. I realize cheering is more vocal;), but I don't think you're going to be sorry if you stay at CB. See you there! Have a great time!:wave:

grego77
08-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Not to confuse you anymore than you are...and I will start by saying you are in a win-win situation, HOWEVER, I am all for CSR. I am staying there Dec 7-10. I think you would be VERY happy there.
The resort is bigger than CBR and even when there are convention people there, you never notice.
The grounds are immaculate, and the property is just GORGEOUS. The CMs are ALWAYS friendly.
I can't say for CBR (altho it is one of the more popular Moderate resorts here at Intercot *always OVER CSR which baffles me*...from accounts of friends, they all say CSR is better...but oh well)....
Either way, you'll be fine. I just would NEVER pass an opportunity to stay at CSR. :mickey:

The Flying Dutchman
08-19-2007, 12:03 PM
The Mrs. and I stayed at CS in July 06 and loved it. The whole atmosphere is simply amazing. While I was a little weary of spending time at a southwestern style resort (just not my thing) I was highly impressed with it all. We are even planning to stay there again!

Donalds Duckie
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you will enjoy CBR. It's a great resort and I've stayed there many times. Because it is large and spread out, I doubt you will have issues with the Pop Warner group. CBR is nice in December.

That said, I just had my Super Agent:mickey: move my reservation over to Coronado Springs Resort from the Contemporary today for my Aug. 31-Sept. 4 trip!! (I couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ on Contemporary when I like moderates well enough.) I am so happy to read the good comments about CSR here. I am very excited to be staying at CSR. It will probably be crowded over Labor Day weekend but I don't care. I'm traveling solo so it's easy to maneuver crowds.

The Flying Dutchman and/or Grego77, I would enjoy hearing all about CSR, any tips, suggestions, etc. you might have to share. Send me a PM!

Again, Struedel, I woudn't worry a bit about CBR during Pop Warner week. Have a great trip!

GBBT
08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
I would switch to CSR.The rooms are bigger,beds bigger and you have a ceiling fan which we liked very much.:D

Horizon93
08-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Both resorts are great, but I think that you should stay at CBR. I love that resort. It has a great feel and is very spread out.