PDA

View Full Version : Counter Services

The Flying Dutchman
08-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Does anyone have any "can't miss" sites for counter services in any of the parks? The Mrs. and I are headed to WDW in Sept., have all of our ADR set up, but would like to have an idea where to eat all those other meals?
Thanks!

Jared
08-18-2007, 11:58 AM
In the Magic Kingdom, try Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square. It's a large restaurant with lots of seating. While most guests are cramming into Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and Pecos Bill Cafe, you can sneak into Columbia Harbour House via the Liberty Square or Fantasyland entrance and snag a table. The menu has some fried items, but the sandwiches on delicious bread are my favorite options. The New England clam chowder is also yummy.

Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion of Epcot is often crowded around lunchtime, but it is probably my overall favorite counter service eatery. The restaurant is divided into several different stations, including sandwiches, Asian, salads and bakery. I particulary like the turkey sandwich on foccacia bread and chicken Caesar salad.

:tasty:

Polynesian Dweller
08-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Sunshine Seasons in The Land is one of our favorites but also like Cantina San Angel. Both because they are not the usual burger and hot dog places. You might also try Tangerine Cafe in Morocco.

kdsjjb
08-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Pinocchio Village Haus is a favorite of ours in the MK.

Tangierine Cafe - Morocco is one we do every trip. The chicken and lamb combo plate is terrific and there is plenty of it. Even the kids like this one.

In MGM we usually do either Pizza Planet or the Commisary. Neither one is great.

AK - Tusker House or Flame Tree.

DW and I will be there Sept 12-18. Have a great time!

Jeff
08-18-2007, 07:03 PM
A must do for my family is the Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. They have some excellent choices.