PDA

View Full Version : Parking at the Contemporary

spoiledraf
08-18-2007, 07:58 AM
I'll be making two trips to the Contemporary from the Boardwalk this outing. Once to meet my guide for a fishing expedition at 6:45 AM before any Disney transportaion starts, and again for a late dinner at the Cali Grille which will probably end after busses stop. Since resort to resort travel is near impossible in a reasonable amout of time, where and how convienient is the parking? HOw much time should I allow to get there? I drive for a living but always lose my way on Disney highways.

dteed
08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Parking is easy enough for the CR. Just tell the guard why you are there and valet or self park. We are DVC members and valet is free for us. As far as the Disney highways go, don't think just follow the signs slowly and know the area you are going to.

DreamFinder2
08-18-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree. We have driven to the CR for a late ADR at Cali Grill several times and parking's a breeze.

As for getting there, simply look at a property map before you leave and get a general idea of where you're going...you'll be fine.

Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, you'll have to drive through the MK parking "turnstiles". Just let the attendant know you're on your way to the CR for a dining reservation and you should get through...I think :confused:.

Beast_fanatic
08-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Stay to the right when you get to the parking attendents' booths at the Magic Kingdom parking lot entrance. With your Boardwalk parking pass, you'll have no problem getting through without having to pay. The "exit" for the Contemporary is just after the booths on the right.

spoiledraf
08-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the help. I actually thought of a great idea to see where I want to go. I went to Google Earth and looked at an aerial photo of the area. Pretty neat stuff. I could see that there is plenty of parking and all the roads. Even the gaurd shacks and stuff.