PDA

View Full Version : Please Explain To Me...

LovinWDW
08-18-2007, 12:05 AM
What the difference is between the Dining Plan and the Deluxe dining Plan for 2008. The only difference I see is with the deluxe you get an additional snack and an appit with your sit down meal. Is this all you get for $30 more per person? Am I missing something?

shan-ash
08-18-2007, 12:09 AM
If I understand it correctly, the delx plan gives you 3 meals and 2 snacks per night you stay. The 3 meals can be all table service meals or a combination of counter meals and table service meals. Also, the appet. is included.
I hope I understand it correctly!!!:eat:

robhink
08-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Basic Dining Plan is 1 Counter Service, 1 Table Servic and 1 Snack per night of stay, the Deluxe Dining plan is 3 Meals per day (either CS or TS) and 2 Snacks per night of stay. Additionally the TS Meals include Appetizer for the Deluxe plan.

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 04:29 PM
And, basic dining plan uses 2 TS vouchers for some TS restaurants and in-room dining. Deluxe dining plan uses 1 TS for all TS restaurants and in-room dining.

tealady
08-18-2007, 06:26 PM
What is the difference between the delux dining plan and the premium dining plan?

:confused:

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 06:30 PM
What is the difference between the delux dining plan and the premium dining plan?

:confused:

I believe the premium dining plan comes with the Premium Package and that package includes recreation. I believe the MYW package options are basic dining or deluxe dining package.

Donalds Duckie
08-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Yep, I just checked WDW dot com to confirm.

The Premium Package dining plan is the deluxe dining plan. It's called "premium" because it's included in the Premium Package.

TheDuckRocks
08-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Just to clear this up there is now the regular Disney Dining Plan that includes 1 Snack, 1 Counter Service and 1 Table Service meal per person per nights of your package stay. (No longer includes appetizer.) Cost $37.99 per person per night for ages 10 and above.
The NEW Disney Deluxe Dining Plan includes 3 meals (either table service or counter service your choice), 2 Snacks pre person per nights of your package stay and 1 refillable mug per person. Appetizers are included with this plan. Cost $69.99 per person per night for ages 10 and above.
Both of these plans require a use of 2 table service credits for signature restaurants (Jiko, Flying Fish Cafe, Californis Grill, etc. or private in-room dining).
Gratuities are not included with either of these plans.
There is still Premium Dining Plans and Platnum Premium Plans being offered. I believe these include gratuities I think are included with these 2 plans along with recreational perks. How much these cost I have no idea.
Hope this helps. I have both a Disney Dining Plan trip package and a Deluxe Disney Dining Plan trip package booked for 2008 and am quoting from the brochures from them.

Clotho
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
And, basic dining plan uses 2 TS vouchers for some TS restaurants and in-room dining. Deluxe dining plan uses 1 TS for all TS restaurants and in-room dining.

Signature dining still costs 2credits on the Deluxe plan. But it works out well anyway, since you get the equivalent of 3 TS credits PER DAY, unlike 1 on the basic plan. I imagine it being hard to use all my credits on that plan...but I would probably like to try! LOL

r4kids
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
WOW, just when we have the dining plan system down, they change it! I am a bit upset they have removed the gratuity. I don't like carrying cash or charging some to the dining plan and some to my credit card or room card for tip. The easy process has become a pain.They have not reduced the plan amount by much. It makes me feel like I am being, insert word here.

aurora, ariel, and bell
08-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok so now I'm confused.
We are going on the free dining in september.
I thought you got 1 counter, 1 snack and 1 table service and it includes an appitizer.
Am I wrong...is the appitzer not included?

PetefromRI
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I believe that the new dining plans start January 1st 2008.Any2007 plans still include tip and app.

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-21-2007, 10:28 AM
I wonder if the introduction of the Deluxe Dining Plan will lead to more restaurants being classified as "signature dining experiences."