PDA

View Full Version : DisneyorBusts 2 day whirlwind trip to WDW, Day 2.

DisneyorBust
08-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Cast:
DW
Me
DD#1
DD#2

Weather: Hot & Humid
When: August 14th &15th

Day 2 of our whirlwind trip had us up early to pack in as muck Disney magic as possible. I showered and headed off to the GCH to print our boarding passes (got “B” passes this time, we forgot to get them printed last evening, having too much fun I guess!) I ordered breakfast for the family and DD#1 arrived to help me. Good thing too, the trays that you get now are made of cardboard and are a bit flimsy. We enjoyed breakfast in our room, packed our luggage and reluctantly left our Magic Kingdom view room. Someday we will get a room like this for a week! We made our way to Bell services and secured our luggage. We absorbed the POLY ambience as we made our way to the Monorail.
We requested and again received another ride in the front of the Monorail! We were off to the Magic Kingdom to catch the Opening Ceremony. I really love this, especially the excitement of the crowd and the performers.
We then made our way up Main Street directly to Cinderella Castle. We waited in the castle for the rope drop, as soon as it dropped; we went directly to Peter Pan. After seeing London from up high, we went to Adventure land for another ride with Jack Sparrow. We had to go at least once on the Jungle Cruise (one of DW’s favorites), great skipper on this cruise, funny and got the crowd into the story. Back in Frontierland, we grabbed 2 Fast Passes for Splash Mtn and then took a ride on BTMRR. Did I mention that this is a great ride? DD’s rode twice, while DW and I waited to get a photo as BTMRR carrying our girls passed. When the girls returned we took a walk to Fantasyland and just had to ride on it’s a Small World. That song didn’t stick in my head this time! Off to the Tea Cups, DW doesn’t do well on the spinning rides, so both DD’s and I hopped in a Tea cup and off we went. I know that these were the fastest spins we ever created on this attraction! All 3 of us were dizzy leaving this ride! :thumbsup:
By now it was time for lunch; Cosmic Ray’s sounded good, great variety for a counter service. Well fed and re-energized, DD#2 and I had 2 Fast Passes for Splash Mtn just itching to be used, so off to Frontierland for a visit to my favorite Briar patch. DW and DD#1 were off to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh; here they had to wait 20 minutes. A CM informed them that they needed to replace a Hunny Pot. So they rode TTA and obtained 3 Fast Passes for Space Mtn. (1 hour standby time!) After a nice visit to the Hundred Acre wood, DW and DD#1 were exiting the attraction when they were approached by the DREAM SQUAD! They were told congratulations, you’ve won a Dream prize and to see another cast member. The cast member handed them each a YOAMD lanyard with 2 collectable pins on each! What a great surprise!
We all met at Madam Leota’s, DD#2 needed a Jack Skellington sweatshirt.
We made our way to the Hall of Presidents for some air conditioning and I wanted to see the Presidential collection. Refreshed yet again, we returned to Tomorrowland for another epic battle with Zurg and a relaxing ride on the TTA. Another ride I love but really don’t know why.:confused:
DW had a taste for a Dole Whip! Great idea! I knew I loved this lady! :D
Back on POTC, had to say our goodbyes to our favorite band of pirates.
We decided to go to Main Street, browse the shops (love the AC!) DD#1 started a VMK quest, we were able to work on this as we made our way back to Tomorrowland and our last trip thru Space Mtn. as our FP time arrived. Standby line was still out the door! I had another fantastic flight thru space with my DD’s. As time was running out on us, this was our last ride of the trip. As we were heading back down Main Street, we stopped at the Confectionary for a few ‘must haves’. We said goodbye to the Magic Kingdom and went up the ramp to the resort Monorail. You can guess what happened next, yes, we did get the front of the Monorail yet again! 5 out of 6 trips in the front!
Sometimes you just have to ask. (Which I did each and every time!):D
Arriving at the Poly, we claimed our luggage, swam a bit and had a nice dinner of Flat Breads, a burger and wonton chips. We took a look thru the shops in the Poly and then made our way to the DME stop. Soon we were on our way to MCO, with plenty of time to spare. MCO turns out to be a pretty nice airport, we saw more of it this trip since we were flying a different airline. We made our way to the gate, and despite having a “B” boarding pass, the ladies sat together and I sat in the row behind them. Another good flight and we returned to PGH at 11pm.

shan-ash
08-18-2007, 12:14 AM
What a happy day:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-18-2007, 11:25 AM
What a day! You really did have such great luck on this trip. You got so much done in such a short time! It sounds like so much fun!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
08-18-2007, 03:07 PM
What a fun trip you had! All that luck with the monorail and a meeting with the Dream Team as well!

pdrlkr
08-18-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
08-18-2007, 05:12 PM
What a great whirlwind trip

Bethanymouse
08-18-2007, 10:57 PM
It sounds like another great day! I am glad that you enjoyed the MK and some dole whips!

Lizzie
08-19-2007, 02:28 AM
Wow what a great trip. You did som much it seemed longer than two days.

Bethis26fan
08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a great day. Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
WOW!!

What a whirlwind! You really did soak up all of the magic.

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

kakn7294
08-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds like another great day! You should have stopped by our Intercot mini-meet at the Tiki room although it sounds as if you were too busy! I met some really great people this trip!

DizNee143
08-20-2007, 02:12 PM
what a great day!! you def did a lot today!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for sharing, it sure sounds like you had a great time.

January-2007
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
One word- wow. Thanks so much for reporting. :mickey: