PDA

View Full Version : Eat and travel at AKL with 2 preschoolers.

chip2
08-17-2007, 10:34 PM
We are staying at AKL in Feb '08 with two boys 5 and 2. I've asked quite a few logistical questions about how people plan itineraries and have gotten good advice, though I am still having trouble with the meal and transportation part of it. I know that AKL is farhest off the beaten track for restaurants. I'm worried about the time it may take to travel
with little ones at the dinner hour. Any suggestions of where to eat and the best way to get there. We would have stayed closer to the action, but really wanted the experience of the AKL.

Pirate Granny
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Unless you plan to go back to the hotel every afternoon...just plan your dinners around whatever park you will be visiting. You can eat at many resorts...if at MK then you can eat there, or the Poly, GF or Contemp...you can also take the boat to WL...if you are at EPCOT or MGM you can eat at those parks, Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk restaurants or BC / YC... Easiest is just look at the menus and find something that your children will like and plan your day around the parks and restaurants...

no matter where you eat you will enjoy...and the bus ride will be no problem...if eating at a resort, just hop the first bus going to any park and you can catch your bus from that park back to AKL...

I can't wait until we get a chance to stay there, I think it would be so much fun...especially with kids.

ENJOY :pirate:

faline
08-18-2007, 02:18 PM
There are three dining options at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Jiko is a table service restaurant but might not be the type of place you'll want to bring 2 active pre-schoolers. Boma is a buffet. It's very popular so if you select this spot,you'll need to have a reservation. Mara is the quick food spot and you can drop in when you're hungry.

If you plan afternoon naps back at your resort with some late afternoon/early evening park touring, you can make reservations as Pirate Granny suggested - somewhere in the vicinity of where you plan to be that evening. I'd allow one hour travel time from Animal Kingdom Lodge to any dining spot you've chosen.