PDA

View Full Version : May, June, July?

tink2006
08-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I know we just got back last week but I am already planning our next visit :mickey:

We have gone the first/second week in August for several years. Here is our problem...DS14 started high school this year and we can no longer go in August. Several school events start the week after July 4TH . I know, it seems ridiculous...but that is the way it is. This means our window of opportunity is end of May (when school lets out) through July 4TH.
Pulling him out of school is no longer an option. The school system here has this program that if you do not miss school, you do not have to take finals. DS is determined not to miss any school.
Given this small time frame, when would you go? Also, we usually stay at POR. Would you stay here during your chosen time frame? If not where would you stay?

IloveDisney71
08-17-2007, 08:47 PM
My school system lets out the last week in May and starts around the 8th or 9th in August, so I have been to Disney at the end of May, in June and in July. I prefer the end of May. The weather is cooler(Than late June or July) and the crowds don't seem to be as busy when I compare it to the Middle of June through July. But that's just my opinion.

Beast_fanatic
08-17-2007, 09:43 PM
With your restrictions, I would go as soon as school lets out at the end of May.

Bluesky481
08-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Definitely go as early as you can. The summers only tend to get hotter and more crowded as time goes by.

faline
08-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Another vote for going as soon as school lets out in May!