PDA

View Full Version : Just for kids!!

Twinkletoes77705
08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Ok I really want this to be a special trip for my kids. Dont we all. I was wondering what are some must do dinning for kids. I have planned Sci-fi and Chef Micky. It need not be too exspensive though, more moderate than anything. I have 2 boys ages 9 and 15. We have a Rainforest Cafe' here....so not wanting that either. Do kids care for Tony's? Taste is a factor....but more about the inviroment (sp) Thanks a bunch!

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Okay, I'm a kid at heart and love food (who doesn't?) Here are a few restaurants that I would choose:

50's Primetime Cafe (they'll enjoy home cooked meal, the astmosphere, and your Uncle/Aunt (aka: waiter/waitress)
Sci Fi Dine Inn (you're kids will enjoy the scenery.)
Tony's Town Square (their food is great, and it's a nice quiet place to relax, and take a breather after hitting the rides at MK.)
Coral Reef (would recommened lunch so it will be cheaper.)
Marrakesh Restaurant
Beaches and Cream Soda Shop (Boardwalk Inn)

KAT1811
08-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I know you said more moderate but the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review is tons of fun!!! Other than that how about:

O'hana
Whispering Canyon
ESPN (they can play video games while they eat)

I tried. Not too easy as I am a mother of three girls!!!

Twinkletoes77705
08-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks. I am going to check into these. Anyone know anything about pinocchio village haus?

KAT1811
08-17-2007, 10:41 PM
We love it. We always get a table overlooking It's a Small World and the kids wave to the boats and the riders wave back. Amazing how that entertains them! Good food and very convienient.

Tink#64
08-18-2007, 08:49 AM
I have DS's 10 & 11 & their fav's would be:

SCI FI
Cosmic Rays
Cantina de San Angel
Rainforest Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
ESPN Club

We enjoy the food & the atmospehere at all of these restaurants!:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
08-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I have two boys ages 12 and 17.
Here is a list of the food places they like in Disney.
ANY PLACE THAT SERVES FOOD! :D
Seriously though
the loved
50's prime time cafe
Chef mickeys breakfast
Ohana's
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace - youngest loves the ice cream bar!
Hoop dee doo revue - its SO corny they laughed their heads off.
Whispering canyon cafe - tell the 15 year old to ask for ketchup!
Have the 9 year old ask for straws
We have not tried sci fi because I don't like the set up of dining in the cars with only 2 in front and 2 in back you can't really have a conversation that way

Nicki'sMom
08-18-2007, 03:54 PM
You know, I think boys this age get a raw deal as far as character meals go. Girls have tons of princess meals and I think there should be some Toy Story or pirates at a character meal. Anyway, I think Ohana, Biergarten, or Mama Melrose would be good. Have fun!

Tygger7
08-18-2007, 04:08 PM
I HIGHLY recommend Whispering Canyon Cafe. Great atmosphere and excellent food.

bjs6
08-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Whispering Canyon Cafe is fun for all ages. Make sure to ask for a large drink and some ketchup.

Twinkletoes77705
08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Thank you all. I had never heard of alot of these. I am happy....thank you all. I am SOOOOOOOOO excited!

Twinkletoes77705
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
another question....@Ohana's do they still do the dancing and stuff?

bkfree
08-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I have 2 kid and this is our favs and must dos each trip:

Chef Mickey's-great for brunch(around 10am) takes care of breakfast and lunch , great food and so fun
Crystal Palace
Sci Fi
La Cellier
Marrakesh
Most any of the counter service at World Show case is great. We like to go to one country order an entree and appetizer then we all share it, go to another country do that again, and another, then choose still another for dessert. This is so much fun, we get to try lots of new things and it is our own "Eating Around the World" tradition.

We do not like Tony's at all.Pretty much frozen Stouffers, which is who owns the restaurant.