PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Future World Attraction

Toad
08-17-2007, 02:22 PM
What is your favorite attraction that is currently operating in Future World at EPCOT Center and why?

For me, Spaceship Earth holds up the best. In addition to its excellent craftsmanship, attention to detail, and sober storytelling, Spaceship Earth is an amazing mediation between art, entertainment, and education -- making it among the most stimulating and rewarding experiences in Walt Disney World.

Living with the Land is also another favorite, and while it may not appear as epic as Spaceship Earth, I find it to be very informative yet soothing attraction that retains the original spirit of EPCOT Center.

Wrigley
08-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I really like The Land ride. I am not quite sure why, but it is a nice relaxing ride and I like to see all of those huge fruits and vegetables they are growing.

Jakk
08-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Woah, thid is a toughie. This is sooo harder compared to the other parks because in Epcot I have all my favorite attractions and all of them are preatty good. I'd like to say Soarin but then how can leave out Living with the Land, or SSE? So I guess I'll just go with UoE:D

BrerStitch
08-17-2007, 03:57 PM
This was definitely tough, but I'd have to say that we've really come to love Soarin! It's so relaxing, and I love all the different smells!

cEveArdenfan
08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Spaceship Earth is my favorite by far. We usually go on it first thing, so it's like my welcome to Epcot. Also, it's pretty much the same as it was when it opened, which is just what I like.

mdearmas
08-17-2007, 04:15 PM
the poll is pretty much right on par. Spaceship earth, followed by soarin with test track in a close third!
:goofy:

teambricker04
08-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Journey into Imagination! I always liked it when I was a child and now that I have two young children of my own, it is neat to see it through their eyes. PLUS... you can burn off energy at the end of the ride and out at the fountains which is GREAT for someone who rides in a stroller most of the time.

:figment: One little spark from me to you!

snifflesmcg
08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I choose Soarin'. Following close behind is Living with the Land, Test Track and "Figment" (as we call it).

jszczur5
08-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Easy question:
Soarin' first.
Spaceship Earth - a close second. (Closed during our visit this year. Sniff. Sniff.)

Tink#64
08-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Soarin - 1st
Journey Into Your Imagination - Figment
Test Track - Third

:mickey:

Jared
08-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Until the new Spaceship Earth opens, my favorite attraction in Future World is Soarin'.

The old Spaceship Earth and Test Track are the next best.

IloveDisney71
08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
It looks like I'm the first poster to put TT at the top of my list. I like all the rides, but I LOVE TT. I have never ridden anything else like it. It is unique and lots of fun!:)

mainemajor
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Soarin rocks with test track close behind. the origonal journey into imagination was lots of fun, too

Polynesian Dweller
08-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Went with Soarin' because won't know what the new SSE is like until it opens. It may return to being my favorite then.

mttafire
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Call me silly but, Universe of Energy has always been my Fav. Epcot "ride". I enjoy others ALOT. But for some reason I always have to do UofE a few times per trip.:blush: SSE is a clsoe 2nd!

GhostHost999
08-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I think i have to go with Spaceship earth...it's got a reasonable line if any...its a great ride...and this will sound sappy, but I feel inspired coming off that ride...its a pefect centerpiece for what Future World is all about.

Toad
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I think i have to go with Spaceship earth...it's got a reasonable line if any...its a great ride...and this will sound sappy, but I feel inspired coming off that ride...its a pefect centerpiece for what Future World is all about.

I agree. It proves that theme park rides can be much more than a 3-minute diversion.

Disneypixie513
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I have to go with Soarin' I love the ride and the best part are all the smells..My favorite smell is the Orange field..Yum :cloud9:

chrisb26
08-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Although I really like Soarin' I think I would have to go with Space Ship Earth. It just can't compare with any other ride it is just such a great Classic and I can't wait for it to be open again. :thumbsup:

disneynarula
08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Spaceship Earth is my favorite FW attraction.
It is a great dark ride. I love that it is nice and long unlike so many other rides that you wait in line forever for and then it lasts about three minutes.

I love the attention to detail. My favorite scene is where the little newspaper boy is. I also love the burning rome scene.

I am just so sad it is going to be closed on my next trip. :(Now that I am a SAHM our trips to WDW are not as frequent as they used to be. I am hoping the refurb will be a few days early or it will be three or four years until I get to ride it again.

I think Walt himself would have loved SSE.

Mandykay
08-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Tough choice, but I went with Test Track:car: But LwtL and Soarin' are close behind:mickey:

RAIDER
08-20-2007, 03:44 AM
Soarin without a doubt its by far my favourite ride in epcot :thumbsup:

offero
08-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Soarin is good and test track is great but there is something about SSE that makes it win hands down.

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Spaceship Earth. An oldie but goodie.

DizNee143
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
i voted for test track...i love that ride!! it was a toss up between test track and spaceship earth...as much as SE us a classic i just kept going more towards test track...:mickey:

DNS
08-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I used to love The Living Seas, then it really went downhill. Now it's much better again, so I'm inclined to say The Seas. However, Soarin' is a very close second.

alilprincessmom
08-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Hands down it is SSE for me! The ride is such a classic and storytelling and education that comes along with it make it perfect!

jray21
08-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I like Soarin' but Mission: Space is just incredible.

mrsHerbie53
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Tough poll!
Soarin' won out for me because of how well it utilizes several senses (particularly sight and smell) with the sensation of flight.

But to be honest, I haven't been on M:S.

I can hardly wait for Oct!!!

Figgyluv03
08-20-2007, 12:13 PM
JIYI along with Spaceship Earth.

Crow
08-20-2007, 09:36 PM
SE
its the icon
it will b closed when im there next month:(

GottaluvTiggr
08-20-2007, 10:10 PM
My Favorite is Test track because i love how you r the dummies in the car.:car:

BBrinkman
08-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Gotta be Spaceship Earth....who could deny Jeremy Irons voice as the narrator?!

MinnieMommie
08-21-2007, 12:13 AM
If I have to choose one it would have to be Sorin but I also love Test Track and Spaceship Earth. They are close seconds. :mickey:

jclightchasr
08-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I haven't rode soarin yet so I went with SSE. It was a close call with the the Seas with Nemo. I love the ocean and Scuba diving is a passion of mine but I have a nice aquarium here in Atlanta. If it still existed would have definately picked HORIZONS!

2Epcot
08-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Not a hard choice, Spaceship Earth has always been my favorite Future World attraction.

FormerCastMember
08-23-2007, 03:29 AM
The top three attractions for me now in Future World are as follows:

Spaceship Earth
Living with the Land
Soarin

However if you were to ask me this question early in Epcot's lifetime it would be a whole lot harder to answer, but if i were to try this would probably be my answer

Horizons
Cranium Command
Spaceship Earth (Walter Cronkite & Tomorrow's Child)
Journey Into Your Imagination (Dreamfinder!)
World of Motion

fielin
08-23-2007, 03:42 AM
I voted Mission:Space for the thrill factor.

Still, I must admit that it was tough ! I love Soarin' because I find it relaxing and I love the different perfumes. i also liked Test Track well enough, eventhough I think the indoor part is becoming a bit meh.

Universe of Energy was a good surprise, after all the negative comments I had read about the ride. And I loved the message sent by Spaceship Earth, can't wait to see it after the Refurb.

But, yeah, Mission:Space was the best, in my opinion.

Spaceship Tigger
08-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Got to go with SSE. I'm really going to miss it in September. :(

DisneyGRL7
08-23-2007, 10:59 AM
At first I thought definately Soarin' but then I saw the list and realized this question is harder than I thought. I still went with Soarin' though!

cinderella crazy
08-23-2007, 11:09 AM
Absolutely, positively has to be Spaceship Earth. I think we rode it 7 times last trip. Too bad we won't be able to this time. We'll just have to settle for watching it on our videos.

KAJUNKING
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
i love soarin, but i also love se and its such a classic, had to go with se :number1:

SpecJoe Magic
08-23-2007, 12:43 PM
My favorite is Mission: Space. I know that there has been some controversy surrounding it, but I feel that it is a fun and believable simulation of a journey into outer space, which is the closest that most people will ever come to the real thing. I think part of my affection for it is because I was fascinated with astronaunts when I was a kid. This attraction gives me the opportunity to live out a childhood fantasy without ever leaving the Earth. :mickey:

Figment78
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
I love ALL of them.... well, except the new Nemo ride but I have a feeling it will grow on me when I take my children in the future. I voted Soarin' but it was a tough choice b/c i love Living with the Land, Energy, and Imagination (obviously, from my screenname!) and all those.... But I like all the "new" ones too - Test Track, Mission space....

Too hard to decide. I love Epcot....sigh...

WDWgoofy
08-23-2007, 01:19 PM
This was a much tougher choice than I expected. Essentially it is unfair to have to choose.

If I must, then it is Soarin, but SSE is a great classic that uis nique in all the world.

GrmGrninGost
08-24-2007, 01:30 PM
I voted Spaceship Earth! I just hope they don't mess it up with the rehab!

Mickey91
08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
I love SSE!!! I also hope it survives the rehab!

threeh
08-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I almost picked other because it's so hard to choose. Future world is one of my families favorite places in all of Disney. I am atually getting goose bumps thinking about us walking around there at night with the great BGM and the fun we have...EPCOT take me away!!!!:thumbsup: