PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, what have I done?!

mickeysworld
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
So, I may have just made a big mistake and would like your opinions: I originally had ressies at WL for 12/14-12/16 (love it at Christmas time). I couldn't get any discounts, not even AAA, so I was paying standard room rack rates, then along comes the Oct/Dec discounts with dining cards and I couldn't resist, so I "downgraded" to POR. Have any of you stayed at POR during the holidays? I know it won't compare to WL with that huge lobby and magnificent tree, but will I still get into the Christmas spirit?

big blue and hairy
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
If you don't get in the Christmas spirit at WDW in Dec., you're a member of the Scrooge family. :D

I understand what you're saying about the lobby. DW & I stayed at Pop the last couple Christmas seasons, we brought a table top Christmas tree, a couple of stockings, and a boombox with Christmas music. That oughta do it...:santa:

Spend some of the saved money on fun extras at WDW!

:sulley:

glar42
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
We love POR!!! We've stayed there three straight trips and it's been over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The decorations are great. All I know is that I'm at WDW.....that's enough to get me into the spirit! My Christmas card last year was a picture of the family in front of the tree in the lobby. :tree:

We're usually there a few days before Thanksgiving :pilgram: and I'm always amazed at how the decorations just appear each day. By the time the Holiday is here everything is up....and we never saw anyone do it. Pixie Dust!!

Enjoy your trip! I have 76 days til my "mom's in Disney" trip :cheer:

disneymom15
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I agree with big blue and hairy. It doesn't matter were you stay, the x-mas magic is all around you.

mickeysworld
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks everyone, for the reassuring replies, it really helps. You guys are right, as usual! and I think I've found a way to get a small WL fix: taking a mid-day break and going there for lunch. That way, I still get to see that tree!

Jeri Lynn
08-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Have you considered seeing if Magical Journey's could help you out?

I had reservations at the BC and when the discounts were first announced it was impossible to get a discount there. I was not willing to change resorts because we love it there and I was willing to pay rack rate so I could get the MYW plan with dining.

Yesterday Melissa from MJ emailed me and was able to get us 4 of the 7 nights at the discounted rate and then today she called and was able to get us in for the whole week at the package deal!

I don't think I could plan a vacation without Magical Journey's on my side, they do all the hard work and I just sit back and keep my fingers crossed and check my email!

mickeysworld
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Have you considered seeing if Magical Journey's could help you out?

I had reservations at the BC and when the discounts were first announced it was impossible to get a discount there. I was not willing to change resorts because we love it there and I was willing to pay rack rate so I could get the MYW plan with dining.

Yesterday Melissa from MJ emailed me and was able to get us 4 of the 7 nights at the discounted rate and then today she called and was able to get us in for the whole week at the package deal!

I don't think I could plan a vacation without Magical Journey's on my side, they do all the hard work and I just sit back and keep my fingers crossed and check my email!

I would LUUUUUUUV to use them if I could, unfortunately most of my stays are less than their required 3 night minimum for booking. Guess I just need to stay longer! Thanks for trying to help!

boomer
08-18-2007, 08:51 PM
we were at disney 3 years ago for christmas and stayed at the all star movies the kids didn't care as long as we were at disney.

vamaggie
08-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone, for the reassuring replies, it really helps. You guys are right, as usual! and I think I've found a way to get a small WL fix: taking a mid-day break and going there for lunch. That way, I still get to see that tree!

I was going to suggest a trip over to take in the the Christmas decorations there. We have never had the pleasure of going at the holiday times but if I were to go I think I would try to get to as many resorts as possible just to look at al lthe different decorations. Have a great trip and enjoy the extra spending money!!!