PDA

View Full Version : Back from first WDW Trip

julyjewel
08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Hi All,

I just joined Intercot today and returned from my first trip to WDW a week ago. My family had a great time. We had some Disney Magic with our timing. We walked out ASM and the MK bus was right there. We got to see the opening cermonies too. I was probably in as much awe as my kids were when I saw the Castle. My DH has been to DisneyLand so he had an idea as to how the MK was set up. We went to Fantasyland first. We got right on the Snow White ride which was my first ride ever! Then we went on Peter Pan and since there was no line, they let us stay on and go again.
I enjoyed my first time on It's a Small World. By the time I got to the end it made me think of Chrsitmas decorations gone wild! We did just about everything in the park and thank goodness for the FASTPASS! I loved Splash and Pirates! Big Thunder was great too!

I liked the other parks as well. MGM really made you feel like you were going back in time. The Movie Ride and the Tower of Terror were great. We did the safarai at AK and can't wait to do that again. Can't wait to try Everest. The kids aren't big enough for that yet.

I like World Showcase and Test Track at Epcot. My husband and I stopped in the UK part to a store called Pringles. We got to see what our Family crests looked like. We got a thing made up with both of our family names and the day we got married. As my husband said on here before, Epcot could use more trees and benches.

We took our daughter to the BBB on our first night there. She looked great! She wants to be Snow White everyday! I hope to go the BBB again when we take the kids in 2009.

I also forgot to mention that our timing was good because we were one of the first to get into TOONTOWN. We got to see the characaters, take pics and get autographs without any wait. My daughter took a shirt with some of the princesses on it and she had the princesses sign it. So we are going to frame the shirt!

I got some of my DisneyPhoto Pass pics in the mail today. They turned out great! I'll be ordering more. I figure it will make great Christmas presents. I'm also going to order another set of the 10 Mickey head bulbs and split those up with the pics for gifts as well.

My husband and I will be going back in Dec. '08 for our 10 yr anniversary. We are hoping to stay at POR. We are reserving that trip at the end of this month. Yes, I am addicted! I think we are all addicts!:cloud9:

ASM was great too. It was great with having a 5 & 7 yr old. I know they liked the way mousekeeping arranged their animals on the bed everyday. They were convinced that Mickey, Minnie and Donald were having parties in the room while we were out.

Can't wait to go back. My Disney high is in full swing! I have so many great memories to look back on. My husband and I have burned our pics to a cd. Now we are working on a cd slideshow featuring Disney Music for our own memories.

Great to be aboard!:mickey::mickey:

pdrlkr
08-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
08-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Oops! Looks like this is a duplicate trip report!