PDA

View Full Version : SC Family Post Disney Trip Report-Day 2

ncscgirl2005
08-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Friday 8/10 we went to Magic Kingdom. And what a great time we had.

We got there way too early (probably about 7:30) right along with the folks that had breakfast reservations but we were able to entertain ourselves. Soon everyone else started filing in as well. A wonderful CM, Awilda, selected us to be the FAMILY OF THE DAY! We had no idea, of course, what she was talking about. We were there just minding our own business. The kids and I were playing those little hand/clap games that little girls love to play and DH was off in his own world snapping pics of EVERYTHING. She came up to us and asked us where we were from and she talked to the kids and then she asked us if we wanted to help open the park and gave us all the details. Are you kidding me???? How could we pass up an opportunity like that???????????????? I don't know who was more excited, the kids or us? They gave the kids free Princess autograph books which was very cool b/c DD-age 6 had a hissy fit when she couldn't get the princess book the day before at the resort (sorry but couldn't force myself to pay $11 for that book). But all went well because she got one for free. They even got princess pens too. We got a ride on one of the fireengine trucks (i think that's what it was) to the back where all the characters signed there books and we took pictures together. Minnie wasn't there so I got Mickey all to myself! He was quite a gentleman! We walked arm in arm to the train and he even helped me and DDs into the train. I think DH got a little jealous! ;) We had so much fun on the train ride to the front of MK; Mickey was a hoot! So we arrived in the front and helped "open the park". Wow!!! We felt like royalty waving to all the people! Not sure if they were waving at us or Mickey but we still had a blast! We got one final pic with Mickey and then we were off to start our very own day!

First stop: Space Mountain. And boy was it everything I had been hearing about and more! It was incredible! Sadly though, we only rode it once :(.
We also got a chance to do:
Stitch's Great Escape (never again though; still can't get Stitch's breath out of my nose!)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Indy Speedway
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (?)
Pirates of the Carribbean
Jungle Cruise
it's a small world
Mickey's Philharmagic (wonderful)
Monster's Inc Laughfloor(very funny)
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Cinderella's Golden Carousel

We got a chance to see the parades, both in the day and at night and we saw Wishes.

We took a break and went back to the resort for about 3 hrs and returned in the evening. We thought we were going to be able to do EMH's but DDs were too tired. Plus the park was PACKED; I couldn't believe it. I was under the impression that we had to be back in the park by 7 pm in order to participate in EMHs but I found out that was the wrong info. The CM's told me that they would be there until like 12 am handing out bracelets. Had I known that beforehand we would have taken a longer nap at the resort and perhaps the kids would have wanted to stay longer during the EMHs. But oh well, so much for that. We still had a magical day!

The heat was bearable and when we wanted a break we just dipped into a restauarant and cooled down. Oh and I had my first ever Dole Whip and boy was it fantastic. Ummmmm.....it was good.

faline
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
What a special way to start your day!

Eeyore's Pal
08-17-2007, 12:35 PM
What an absolutely wonderful first day in the parks. Congratulations!

pdrlkr
08-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

shan-ash
08-17-2007, 01:52 PM
How exciting to be part of the opening!!!!
That's a dream of our family :cloud9:

T-Belle
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Wow! I am sooooo jealous!! I've always wanted to be picked for the opening. Don't you just love Dole whips???

January-2007
08-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh my gosh how completely thrilling to be the Family of the Day it sounds like such a neat experience!! Thank you so much for all the details about it, I got to live through you guys! :cloud9: Thanks for reporting, can't wait for the next installment! :mickey:

Dizneyfan
08-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you had a great day at the magic kingdom.:mickey: Oh yeah congrats on being chosen family of the day. How exciting!!!!

Bethanymouse
08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
What a great day it sounds like you had! I am so glad that you enjoyed the MK and you even got to be family of the day! That is exciting! Thanks so much for sharing!:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-18-2007, 10:19 PM
WOW! Family of the day! What a wonderful and magical surprise! That is so aweome ... a memory you'll never forget. It sounds like you all had a fantastic (but tiring) day.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
08-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow what a great and busy day.Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
08-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Sounds like a great start.

brad192
08-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Let's see....

First ever trip to WDW.
First day & first park.
Picked to be the Family of the Day! :jaw:

The spirit of Walt must have been watching over you! Awesome!:thumbsup:

magicman
08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I wish you could see the big grin on my fact (and a bit of a tear in my eye) when I read that you were selected Family Of The Day.

I love WDW so much, and it makes me so very happy to hear others having a wonderful time there.

What a great first day!:cloud9:

gauvin4
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Congrats on being Family of the Day!!:thumbsup: Glad to hear you had such a great day!

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Congrats on being the first family!! Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2007, 02:01 PM
How wonderful that you were chosen to open the Magic Kingdom the very first time you visited there!! Congrats! I just hope your daughters won't be disappointed the next time they visit and have to walk in normal like through the turnstyles with everyone else! Thank you for sharing your special experience with us. :mickey:

princessgirls
08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
You were chosen as Family of the Day, enjoyed a magical day in the park and had Dole Whips.... Sounds like a taste of Heaven to me!!

I'm so glad that you were able to experience so much magic. It made me smile reading your report.

Julie:mickey: