PDA

View Full Version : SC Family-Post Disney Trip Report Day 1

ncscgirl2005
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Myself
DH
DD-age 10
DD-age 6

Hello all. We just got back from our first ever Disney World vacation and I must say that we had a MAGICAL vacation! :cloud9: I decided to write this after we got back because I truly wanted to feel like I was on vacation. So I didn't check emails (or Intercot) the entire trip.

We drove down from SC to Orlando which only took about 7 hrs. That's not too bad considering what's going on with the airline industry. Plus we had our own car while we were there which was great for some moments.

So we arrived at POR on 8/9. Check-in wasn't too bad. We only stood in line for 15-20 minutes which was OK for us because DH and DDs were having fun snapping pics of each other around the lobby. Our CM Jean was great! She was very informative and gave us all pins that said 1st visit. I thought that was standard for all resorts but in talking with other guests during our visits to the parks I soon realized it wasn't. She even gave my hubby a Happy Birthday pin and had a card sent up to our room on signed by Goofy! He also got some beads to go along with it! After check-in we unloaded our stuff in the room, showered, and set off for ADR's at Chef Mickeys. The food was nothing special and a bit cool for my liking. The kids were more interested in the desserts. After dinner we hit Shades of Greens for our tickets. Then back to the hotel and from there we took the boat to Downtown Disney. Came back to the room and went to the pool until midnight. Everyone else zonked out while I stayed up until 2 am preparing our things for the next day.

We were housed in Building 90 in Oak Manor of Magnolia Bend. It was just over the river behind the lobby/food court. That wasn't too bad of a walk for us because we enjoyed walking across the river to get to the bus stops in the mornings. We always got a chance to see the ducks. We only ate at the Food Court once during breakfast; didn't really care for the food too much. The grounds were beautiful. We were just around the corner from one of the "quiet pools" but it was never too quiet while we were there. Our room was nothing special, just an ordinary hotel room. Mousekeeping was great. Each day we had a towel-shaped puppy on our bed and we had no trouble getting extra towels when we needed them even at 1 am.

shan-ash
08-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Sounds like a great start!!!:thumbsup:

faline
08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Glad to hear you had a good experience on your first trip! It's always fun to read about first trips!

pdrlkr
08-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
08-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for sharing.

T-Belle
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Sounds like your off to a great start. Can't wait to read about your first trip down Main Street.

January-2007
08-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks for reporting! Sounds like a great start to your vacation! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I am so glad that your first day was so wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing!:mickey:

droopy d.
08-18-2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the report.

iheartmickey
08-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds like a fine start to a first trip.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
08-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the report.

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Looks like your first WDW trip is off to a fine start. Thank you for sharing. :mickey:

princessgirls
08-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Great first day!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
08-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:
Your first trip sounds like it's off to a great start:mickey: