PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Restaurant? Is it really there?

disney_mommy
08-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I know I've seen where it is supposed to be, and I've seen the menu posted here, but I've never heard from anyone who has actually eaten there. Is it any good?

bleukarma
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
I have eaten there, but it was back in 2000. Back then it was really good and I would go back! :mickey:

robhink
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
I've eaten there a couple of times, it's been pretty good food and the milkshakes are great. I think since the restaurant is small you don't hear a lot of people talking about it.

SurferStitch
08-17-2007, 11:44 AM
We eat there at least once per trip, and it's always wonderful. Food and service are great! Milkshakes are soooo-ooo-oooooo good. :cloud9:

SBETigg
08-17-2007, 11:48 AM
It's good for sandwiches and snacks and things. I wouldn't use a DP credit on it if you're on the DP. Most reports I've heard are that it is a pleasant place. We thought about eating there once but decided to get a quicker cs meal instead.

Belle_0717
08-17-2007, 01:04 PM
DH and I stopped by one afternoon to look at the menu. The CM at the podium was very rude and said there was nothing available until the following day. Hence the reason we never returned. CM must remember one bad experience will deter a guest from returning EVER!

Checkers
08-17-2007, 02:41 PM
:mickey:It is a great place to have lunch but as mentioned before, I wouldn't use a TS credit for it. And, yes, the milkshakes are great!

LoriMistress
08-17-2007, 04:25 PM
It's a nice main street style restaurant. They serve sandwiches, burgers (I believe), soups, ice creams, milkshakes, etc. Their food is really good. We're planning to eat there again for our upcoming trip before MVMCP!!!!

NJRRK
08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
It's a nice main street style restaurant. They serve sandwiches, burgers (I believe), soap, ice cream, milkshakes, etc. Their food is really good. We're planning to eat there again for our upcoming trip before MVMCP!!!!

'Thank you for convincing me to NEVER eat here. I do not like the taste of soap, :ack: but whatever floats your bubble. (Get it floats your bubble, soap ... aw forget it.) :rotfl:

AllDisney
08-17-2007, 05:49 PM
We ate there a few years ago. We were not impressed. The burger seemed like it was just a frozen burger and it didn't have much flavor.

We have not been back since. The milk shakes are really good however.

Stan
08-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I do not like the taste of soap

Typos are so much fun, we need a whole thread of them. :) I've always enjoyed bloopers, crazy newspaper headlines, funny classifieds, etc. One of my personal favorites centers on the various spellings and meanings of the word "winch", but... this is a family board. :blush:

Back on topic, DW & I eat at the Plaza when we can get in there- always basic but good food, and not too pricy (pricey?).

MilwaukeeCurator
08-18-2007, 10:12 AM
My kids and I have eaten here only once and honestly we were not that impressed with it. The food was OK, but the service was slow and it seemed like we were an inconvenience to our server.

Lacy
08-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Good question, I've often wondered the same thing myself. After the responses, I probably won't plan on visiting.

Twinsowner
08-19-2007, 04:05 AM
Is there such thing as a "bad" milkshake?

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 04:12 AM
'Thank you for convincing me to NEVER eat here. I do not like the taste of soap, :ack: but whatever floats your bubble. (Get it floats your bubble, soap ... aw forget it.) :rotfl:

Sorry...my bad. :blush:

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 04:13 AM

Yes.

CuteAsMinnie
08-19-2007, 07:11 PM
We had a wonderful lunch at The Plaza just last week!!!!!

I had a chicken/strawberry salad, DS and DD had the turkey sandwich. DH had the club sandwich. Everything was delicious, service was very nice and the best part was we walked right in at about 11:30 for lunch. It's a pretty setting and rather quiet too.

Enjoy!!!!!

mousetrapper
08-19-2007, 08:10 PM

:D

If you watch Top Chef on Bravo, you saw that, yes, there is such a thing as a bad milkshake! Apparently one of the chefs was responsible for making a vanilla milkshake as part of a team challenge. Along with vanilla ice cream and milk, she added ice. :confused:

The chef judges voted her off.