08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Cast:
DW
Me
DD#1
DD#2

When: August 14th

Weather: Hot and Humid.

Day 1 of our 2 day trip began with the alarm jolting us out of bed at 4:30 am. Everyone was showered, packed and ready to go by 5:30. We grabbed the luggage and were off to the airport. We parked at the airport, made it thru security and had a little breakfast before making it to the Southwest gate. (first time flying Southwest) We had “A” boarding passes and quickly found seating, the 3 ladies on one side and I got an aisle seat across from them. The Captain informed us that we had a strong tail wind and that we would be arriving approximately 20 minutes early! May the good luck begin! With only 2 days, every minute counts!
The flight was uneventful, minor turbulence but we arrived at MCO early as promised.
Grabbing our carry-on luggage (no checked bags) we made our way to the DME registration desk, after approx 15 minutes we were on board our DME bus and enroute to the Polynesian. Total travel time from plane to the Poly was just under 1 hour. I think that I’ll use the DME service again!
We arrived at the POLY, registered and were told that we would be staying in the Tahiti Longhouse (first time in this Longhouse). As the room was not ready, we checked our luggage with Bell services and went to Capt. Cooks for lunch. After a quick bite, we made our way to the Monorail. The front compartment was full, so we hopped into the Monorail for our trip to the Magic Kingdom. We arrived and were inside the Magic Kingdom before 12 noon! Life is good! We were all still in disbelief that we were back in WDW. After soaking in the atmosphere, we made our way up Main Street to the hub. One of the new fore-court shows was in progress, so we avoided that crowd and headed to Adventureland, going straight for POTC. There was a 30 minute wait, so we hopped into line and reveled in the fact that we were back. After about 25 minutes, we wee in our boat heading towards Port Royal. Great as always, especially when it is so nice and cool inside!
Off to Frontierland, we obtained Fast Passes for BTMRR. (60 minute wait), Splash Mountain had a 100 minute wait. Off to Fantasyland, Small World, 20 min wait, Peter Pan 60 minute wait…..why is Peter Pan always so busy? Anyway, we went into Mickey’s Philharmagic, excellent attraction. Next we had to enjoy some ice cream, a Mickey Ice Cream bar of course. We enjoyed a little people watching and then made our way back to ride BTMRR; Fast Pass line started at the Fast Pass check in and wound its way into the attraction. Who doesn’t love this ride? A wild, fast ride thru a mine was just what we needed. Tomorrowland was calling us. Man it was hot, we needed to cool off, so got Fast Passes for Buzz and enjoyed our visit to the Laugh Floor, this is an entertaining show! Only DD#1 didn’t like being in the spotlight and being up on the big screen!
Rode the TTA and as our Buzz fast pass time was near, we were able to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain. Off to fight the Evil Emperor Zurg, after that battle we needed a relaxing ride on the TTA.
As we had A 3:45 pm ADR for Crystal Palace, we started toward the hub. With the heat and humidity, we weren’t sure that we were ready to eat but after sitting in the cool air with a cold drink our appetites returned. After a very good dinner, we returned to the Monorail (Front cab this time!) and returned to the POLY. Upon entering the Tahiti Longhouse we found that our luck continued, we were upgraded to a Magic Kingdom view room! We could look out and see Cinderella Castle and Space Mountain, what a fantastic bit of Disney Magic!
We took the time to rest a little and swim in the quiet pool. Re-energized, we returned to the Magic Kingdom (Front cab of the Monorail again!) We were able to take in POTC again, enjoyed the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Again we boarded the TTA while we waited for our 8:45 pm Space Mountain fast pass. My DD’s and I made our way thru the long FP line before we took off thru space, this is a great attraction, I enjoy listening to my DD’s laugh and scream as we fly along the rails. We then headed for the Monorail and got to ride with the Monorail Pilot again!
As we started out so early today, we wanted to return to the POLY, grab some snacks and watch WISHES! from our balcony. Great show as usual, but we needed the music to really make it special. After Wishes, we returned to the pool, what a great way to finish off the night.
Tomorrow, we return to the Magic Kingdom for the Opening Ceremony!

pdrlkr
08-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
08-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Wow! I've never heard of anyone who was fortunate enough to land so many monorail cockpit rides in one day! I feel fortunate to get in the cockpit once in any given trip!

What a terrific day!

Sunshine1010
08-17-2007, 09:56 AM
LOVED your enthusiasm during this trip. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

DizNee143
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
wow what a surprise filled day!! with getting on the front of the monorail pretty much every time you went on it today and get an MK view room...sounds like you guys had a great day!!! :mickey:

shan-ash
08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
A Wonderful day at Disney!!!:thumbsup:

January-2007
08-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the trip report! Your room sounds fantastic!

tomorrowschild
08-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the awsome trip report. Don't you just love wakeing up in your own bed and then in a matter of hours you are looking at the castle. Love it. :mickey:

iheartmickey
08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
What a fantastic start to your trip! Wonderful and full of surprises and blessings! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

offwego
08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
A great report..thanks for sharing your fun with us!!!

Bethanymouse
08-18-2007, 10:45 PM
It sounds like you had a wonderful first day! What a way to end...wishes on the balcony of the Poly.....:cloud9:Thanks for sharing!

Lizzie
08-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Wow what a full day. What a great surprise to be upgraded too bad you won't be there longer.

Bethis26fan
08-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for sharing, it sounded like a great first day.

princessgirls
08-19-2007, 10:11 PM
What a wonderful first day!!!

I can feel the magic!

Yes, why is it that Peter Pan is always a Fast Pass ride. It seems kind of crazy to me.

Thanks for sharing.
Julie:mickey:

kakn7294
08-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey Eric - it sounds like you had a good first day! I love Magical Express - it's so nice to have someone else driving!

KylesMom
08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
:mickey: Wow, what a wonderful day! I would have to agree that Wishes without the music is missing that "something". Still, you were able to do so much!

Can't wait to read about Day 2!

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Love the luck you have had so far....let's hope it continues. Do you have any pix from your balcony of Wishes?