PDA

View Full Version : POR buildings

jenperich
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
We just changed from POFQ to POR to save more money. The only time I've stayed at POR we were in the Alligator Bayou. This time we've requested the mansions. What building is the best to stay in? We don't care how long it takes to walk anywhere, we'll have the quiet pool close by. Just want to know what the nicest building is to stay. Thanks for the help!

Ricbr
08-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) is the best from what I have seen.

To be honest they all are great....but when you are that close to the East Depot...you cant go wrong.

There were many of nights where we didnt feel like walking back to the room from the main drop off. Having the east depot right near our room was a great payoff. And it still is not that bad of a walk to the main buildings for food, video games, etc...

BTW...I was there just 3 weeks ago so that is all based on recent information.

Enjoy!

glar42
08-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I agree Bldg 85 is the best. We've stayed there on 3 different trips. There is a quiet pool and laundry right next door and a real short walk to the main pool. We would leave the kids sleeping in the morning and walk to the foodcourt for a bite to eat. The last trip we ended up with a room facing the river and it was awesome!

The main pool is right over the bridge on the way to the foodcourt/restaurant/front desk. Getting my drink refills was really easy.

yes the East Depot is a short walk from this building as well. Sometimes we would get off at the main bus stop but late at night when we're all real tired we would get off at East Depot (last stop on the loop).

Have no complaints with this resort :cool:

mermaidmarian
08-18-2007, 06:43 AM
We've only stayed in Mansions when at POR and I actually prefer Buildings 95 (Parterre Place) and 90 (Oak Manor) over all others.

I think my chief reason for the preference is the landscaping and the exterior decor of the Buildings. Parterre Place, the last building, has the most opulant appearance and the most formal (parterre style) gardens. I've been told that theming of the exterior appearances of the buildings at POR is actually designed in an increasingly improving manner as you travel along the riverway, beginning with the first Bayou Buildings near the Riverside Mill.

I think the walk to the Riverside Mill is about as far from either spot. Lodging at either Building 85 (Magnolia Terrace) or Building 80 (Acadian House), will by practical necessity cause you to have to walk over Ole'Man Island to get to the Riverside Mill. If you would prefer not to have to walk past the theme pool and/or the playground everytime you need to get from here to there, I'd try to opt for one of the others. We travel with kids - I prefer not to have to walk that "candy lane checkout" gauntlet more than I have to.